What's new

7 O'Clock safety razor and blade.

I've found one of these on a local website and was wondering how they shave. Does it shave similar to the RFB? Or perhaps is more aggressive?

R

romsitsa

It shaves like an Old type, more precisely like a Rotbart. It has nothing in common with the New or Rfb except the slot in the base.

It shaves like an Old type, more precisely like a Rotbart. It has nothing in common with the New or Rfb except the slot in the base.

I see. I own a thick cap ball end Old Type, so if this one is similar, then I have no use of it. Thanks for the info.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I think I am not mistaken if I assume there must be a good reason why Gillette loves to label their razor blades with 7 o'clock whatsoever color...! :)

Seems you found the godfather of the tradition.

I think I am not mistaken if I assume there must be a good reason why Gillette loves to label their razor blades with 7 o'clock whatsoever color...! :)

Seems you found the godfather of the tradition.

I guess someone from the company back then was waking up every day at 7 o'clock and decided to name the razors and blades they make that way. Or perhaps most people either wake up or go to work around that time and they felt like the people need a reminder.

I guess someone from the company back then was waking up every day at 7 o'clock and decided to name the razors and blades they make that way. Or perhaps most people either wake up or go to work around that time and they felt like the people need a reminder.
Sounds about right. Shave at 7, at work by 8. White collar worker hours. Blue collar workers is another story.

Top Bottom