What's new

7 O'Clock Black blade problems

Full disclosure: Cross-Posted from Safety Razor Blades

Since adding the black 7 O'Clock blades to my "will shave with" list, I have gone through about 4 tucks of blades, that's about 80 shaves with them. I have found them to be consistent and they fall right into the pattern that the other blades I use fall into, the 4th shave is sufficiently tuggy to merit tossing the blade post-shave but that 4th shave is still quite suitable for a long work day.

Not my latest tuck. I'm 4 blades into it in 8 days. The first shave is great, close, smooth, etc. The second feels a little worst than my usual blades to on shave #4, until this morning. I tossed one mid shave #2.

Any idea what would make a usually great blade behave like this? Razor has been consistent, a King C Gillette, for the last almost 2 months since I bought it. I understand that blades wear out but the curve on this one is strange. First shave start great and from what I can tell, finishes great. Seond shave is like dropping off a cliff. Starts really good and in less than 30 strokes, it's barely acceptable.

I'm 0 for 4 on this tuck. Tuck immediately before it was great.

Any ideas/opinions?

Why don’t you try a few blades from a different tuck?

The question is whether this problem is related to that particular blade tuck.

Why don’t you try a few blades from a different tuck?

The question is whether this problem is related to that particular blade tuck.
Have done so, finished 2 other tucks so far and bought all of these out of the same large box at the local shop (great place, guns, knives, shaving) so in essence these are "next in line". The change wasn't a gradual shift, but walking off a cliff.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would have suggested trying from another tuck like @BigJ mentioned. Other than that I really have nothing, sorry.

Top Bottom