What's new

7 o clock permasharp stainless

I find these blades excellent,even though there arent many fans of them on forums.Smooth and sharp,zero cuts or irritation and takes down few days beard with no problem.Ill get more of these,got 2 packs with some cheap razor,never used them untill a week ago.Excellent blade.

I find these blades excellent,even though there arent many fans of them on forums.Smooth and sharp,zero cuts or irritation and takes down few days beard with no problem.Ill get more of these,got 2 packs with some cheap razor,never used them untill a week ago.Excellent blade.
I think you're referring to the one in the green packaging. There's another 7 O'clock packed in green, the Super Stainless.
The Permasharp is made in India and the Super Stainless comes from Russia. Both are good blades that works for many people. Sharp blades. Unfortunately they give me lots of discomfort, no matter what razor I use. Especially the Permasharp. These blades are easily available here in Malaysia and are pretty cheap too. I have around close to a hundred of these blades. Let me know if u want them. I'll be happy to send them to u.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I don't think either of the green label blades are bad, but I just find other Gillette blades better and for the prices we pay for Gillettes in the U.S. I just don't purchase either green very often.

The permasharp green is very sharp and excellent on smoothness during the first shave. But then that is the end of story. From second shave onwards I find these blades bumpy and irregular on their edge sharpness that does not give any predictability on how the blade will perform on skin. Generally I discard these blades after a max of 2nd use (doesn’t pinch as they are very cheap - INR 25 for a pack of 10 in India)

The permasharp green is very sharp and excellent on smoothness during the first shave. But then that is the end of story. From second shave onwards I find these blades bumpy and irregular on their edge sharpness that does not give any predictability on how the blade will perform on skin. Generally I discard these blades after a max of 2nd use (doesn’t pinch as they are very cheap - INR 25 for a pack of 10 in India)
Exactly. I totally agree with that.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Exactly,i think theyre excellent for 2,3 shaves,on last shave noticed the blade is maybe duller in some spots than other,but nevertheless excellent blade.Sharp and also smooth.I find these even better than russian 7oclock stainless,have to try those again,i find these indian 7oclock permasharps as good as astra ss.I throw blade away anyways after 3 shaves,have enough blades to last me 20years lol.

Ps.these 7oclock permasharps are light years ahead from something like derby extra and many other blades,find these sharper and smoother than wilkinsons ,even blue lab personnas,and also better than permasharp super or silver blue.

According to the Refined Shave web site, both of the 7 O'Clock greens are similar in average sharpness. However, the Permasharp made in India becomes a lot sharper as the coating wears off, then it starts to deteriorate. That can make it feel harsher on the face.

The Russian 7 O'Clock greens are quite similar to Gillette Platinum and Gillette Silver Blue blades, all made at the PPI plant.

If you like either of the 7 O'Clock green blades, I suggest that you try the Gillette branded Wilkinson Sword blades. They seem to be as sharp as the green blades but may be a tad smoother.

I have 2 favorite blades, Wilkinson Sword Classic(German made) and this one. A few years ago I found them for $13 for a hundred and the more you bought the cheaper they were. I only bought 100 and then bought 200 for my friend. I now wish I would have bought more since it appears they are more expensive when they are charging for shipping from India. If I need more blades I will likely just buy the Wilkinson blades.

I have 2 favorite blades, Wilkinson Sword Classic(German made) and this one. A few years ago I found them for $13 for a hundred and the more you bought the cheaper they were. I only bought 100 and then bought 200 for my friend. I now wish I would have bought more since it appears they are more expensive when they are charging for shipping from India. If I need more blades I will likely just buy the Wilkinson blades.

The Wilkinson Sword Classic blades are made in Germany by Edgewell/Personna. The Gillette branded Wilkinson Sword blades are made in either India or China by P&G/Gillette. They are different blades.

I find the German blades to be slightly sharper, more like the Personna Israeli Reds. The Gillette Wilkinson Sword are great blades, but they are not quite as sharp. They are more like the Gillette Platinum and Silver Blue blades which are favorites of many foiks. The German made blades are significantly more expensive than the Gillette branded blades, so you will need to determine if the German made blades are worth the extra money.

The Wilkinson Sword Classic blades are made in Germany by Edgewell/Personna. The Gillette branded Wilkinson Sword blades are made in either India or China by P&G/Gillette. They are different blades.

I find the German blades to be slightly sharper, more like the Personna Israeli Reds. The Gillette Wilkinson Sword are great blades, but they are not quite as sharp. They are more like the Gillette Platinum and Silver Blue blades which are favorites of many foiks. The German made blades are significantly more expensive than the Gillette branded blades, so you will need to determine if the German made blades are worth the extra money.

The German Wilkies are very good blades to me, and your comparison of them to Red IPs I believe is spot on. Both blades deliver no muss, no fuss exceptional shaves. I also enjoy the fact that I can pick up the German Wilks at a local grocery store in town if needed.

I also enjoy the Chinese manufactured Gillette Wilks. I find them slightly less sharp than most of the Gillette lineup, but since I tend to prefer a blade that is not on the 'bleeding edge' of sharpness they do very well for me, and the price on Amazon Prime is hard to beat. I think you like sharper blades so I understand your preference for the German Wilks. I haven't tried the Indian Gillette Wilks but they are on my radar for a future purchase.

I should have said Wilkinson Sword Classic. I have used the Gillette Wilkinson Sword from India which are made in the same plant as the Permasharp blades(according to the address on the box) and they are not too bad of a blade. Personna Red's I can't use, they were one of the worst blades I tried, they pulled so bad. It was from a friend and may have gotten a dud blade and he offered to bring me another one to try but I was not willing to chance another shave with one. The Gillette Silver Blue blades were just okay to me. Yes, the German blades are worth the extra money considering if you want the Permasharp blades from India they are not much less than the German blades since they are charging shipping now when it was free when I bought them last.

Edit: I just did a search for the Permasharp Stainless and noticed Walmart has the for $11.99 per hundred. I think I can find enough other items I need to make the free shipping. On the Bay thy were not much less than the Classics with shipping from India.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of usage on a & O'Clock Permasharp. Very nice blade, didn't think it would last this long (shave 51 this morning on the first edge). Should get over 100 shaves on it total, well above average.

Not quite as nice as one of the platinum blades, but still somewhat better than I expected.

Then again, the only blade from Gillette I don't find excellent is the Nacet, of all things.

The Indian Permasharp is sharper than the Russian greens. But it is harsher on the skin too. Not a refined blade, like say the Silver Blue. I just use the Permasharp with a more protective cream [e.g. the Omega in a tube] and everything is OK.

Top Bottom