What's new

7-day set

I did a search on 7-day sets and didn't come up with anything. After seeing Chimensch's custom set I was wondering if there's utility in such a thing. Obviously there's the aesthetic and collector's side of it, but is there a utility side?

Utility has nothing to do with it. Its like buying a fancy gold watch. In the old days a well heeled gentleman of means would buy a matched 7 day set with ivory or Sterling Silver scales. it was just the thing to do.

Its really as simple as that. If you like the idea of having a seven day set then get it.

theres a little utility. You spend less time on the hones, as you use each razor one seventh of the time.

No difference in utility compared to buying 7 razors and rotating through them. However, the 7 day set has the name of the week engraved on the blade.

I did a search on 7-day sets and didn't come up with anything. After seeing Chimensch's custom set I was wondering if there's utility in such a thing. Obviously there's the aesthetic and collector's side of it, but is there a utility side?

No utility whatsoever. Unfortunately, human beings have motivations that are totally irrational. Since, I'm normally very rational, I had to go through some mental gyrations to justify this. I'm trying to promote the idea of a truly traditional barbershop (with real straights). I convinced myself that this set would be a powerful promotional tool. The barbershop idea isn't working out, so I guess I'll have to keep the set for myself, poor me!:lol:

Utility has nothing to do with it. Its like buying a fancy gold watch. In the old days a well heeled gentleman of means would buy a matched 7 day set with ivory or Sterling Silver scales. it was just the thing to do.

Its really as simple as that. If you like the idea of having a seven day set then get it.

I couldn't agree more. It's about image and status ... even if just in your own mind, even if it just sits in your bathroom and no one sees it.

No difference in utility compared to buying 7 razors and rotating through them. However, the 7 day set has the name of the week engraved on the blade.

That's so I can tell what day it is.:lol:

Top Bottom