What's new

$7.50 for Lip Balm, Seriously?

I was a Bath and Body Works the other day stocking up on C.O. Bigelow Cream. I got my buy two get one free. I noticed a very large display of C.O. Bigelow Lip Balm. I said what the heck. It is Bigelow. It must be good. I checked out the price and almost fainted. It was $7.50 for a tube. The tube is the size of any other tube of lip balm. I bit the bullet and decided to try it despite the price. Unfortunately it is not any better than most other lip balms out there. Sure, better than Blistex, but I compare it to Burts Bees. And I can get that for under $3.00. I realize that YMMV, but I think that I've been had. Anyone else tried the Bigelow lip balm? What are your opinions?

My wallet learned along time ago & my lips thank me for just sticking to Burts Bees - Peppermint ... from now on :thumbup1:

Janna, I never bought the CO Bigelow lip balms for the reason they are 7.50, and because I really hate the consistency of the balm. I find them to be too runny and slick, my friend likes them but I just don't even care for it.

Aubrey Organics, Badger USDA Certified Organic lip balms or Hugo Naturals are much cheaper. You can buy them at Whole Foods Market. And they are much safer, because they are organic.

I use Jack Black lip balm which costs about $7. It is without a doubt the best lip balm I have ever used. I get dry lips even during the summer, and they can get bad in winter. When I used Blistex or Carmex I would be applying it countless times a day. Each one would last a very short time. With the Jack Black lip balm, I apply it once in the morning when my lips get dry and they are good all day long. The one I am currently using I purchased last December. I don't think any of the previous ones lasted more than a month or so. I don't know about the Bigelow balm, but the Jack Black is saving me a lot in the long run.

I like Desert Essence Lip Rescue. It's around 2.59
Soybean Oil, Beeswax, Candelilla Cera, Ozokerite, Carnauba, Shea Butter, Ginkgo, Rosemary, Vitamin E, Propyl Gallate, Essential Oil of Mint

I've also used and liked Alba Botanica lip balm. Similar product to above.

I use Jack Black lip balm which costs about $7. It is without a doubt the best lip balm I have ever used. I get dry lips even during the summer, and they can get bad in winter. When I used Blistex or Carmex I would be applying it countless times a day. Each one would last a very short time. With the Jack Black lip balm, I apply it once in the morning when my lips get dry and they are good all day long. The one I am currently using I purchased last December. I don't think any of the previous ones lasted more than a month or so. I don't know about the Bigelow balm, but the Jack Black is saving me a lot in the long run.

I was planning on buying some of this stuff today on my way home from work, and that was before I read your post.

The reason, for me, is that it contains avobenzone. There are very few lip balms that contain good UVA protection, though many claim to be sun protective.

The only reason I wasn't sure about buying it was because of the price. Your post has made me decide to get it anyway.

I recently bought a Lip Smacker Natural lip balm in Guava, and it was so cheap..I love it! Im also a fan of Palladio's Herbal Tinted lip balm in Cotton Candy, It gives the right amount of a light rosy pink with the benefits of a balm/gloss sort of texture. :thumbup:

You can have a balm almost free if you want to. If you purchase it at iherb.com, you can have a $5 discount applied to your first purchase, you only need to enter the IRO586 coupon code.
They have a great choice of organic lip balms, check the Badger line. With that discount code you will only pay shipping in most cases.

I bought the Bigelow lip balm last year. I put it in my pocket after I bought it, and it almost completely melted on my way to class. I got the Jack Black lip balm later, but accidentally left it in my car overnight, and it froze :mad3:. Once it thawed, it proved to be a good product. I'll definitely buy it again when the tube I have runs out.

I carry one of these with me everywhere, with the same passion and attachment as some of our colonial cousins bear their daggers and pistols:

proxy.php

England, what happened to our masculinity.

I've paid anywhere from $2-$20 for lip balm and while I don't think $7.50 is cost prohibitive, the Bigelow balm doesn't impress me much.

Blistex Herbal Answer :001_cool:

avocado, chamomile, shea butter,jojoba, Aloe
SPF 15

The best :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I carry one of these with me everywhere, with the same passion and attachment as some of our colonial cousins bear their daggers and pistols:

proxy.php

England, what happened to our masculinity.
I would have to carry around a alcohol hand cleanser, before I could apply it to my lips. I will just stick to drugstore own brand lip balms at £1.00/€1.00.

I bought the Jack Black stuff at $7.25.

This is a really nice lip balm, and it contains 3% avobenzone, so it is the only balm on the market that really provides very good UVA protection.

Top Bottom