What's new

$7.05 Yaqi razors on Aliexpress from Yaqi Factory Store

$7.05 Yaqi razors on Aliexpress from Yaqi Factory Store. I don't know the rules about posting links, but you should be able to find it easy enough. I like my SLOC which many say has a Yaqi head. They have a chrome and black available at that price. At less than 8 bucks shipped I don't mind if it goes into the trash. I went with the chrome.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
$7 for a razor shipped from China? There is currently one that ships to the UK for £2.31. What's next? £1 for a razor, brush, and a pack of blades? I wonder at what point the price becomes too low. So low that something must be wrong, that makes me feel uneasy about making a purchase, for many reasons. For me we are already there and have been for some time. Maybe I am overthinking things.

I did pick up a razor at Dollar Tree stores for $1 US. It's called AssuredMen and came with a 5 pack of blades. However the safety bar on one side is an unintentional slant.

I believe I've seen this razor mentioned here several times favorably. It's a flash sale for half off from a company with generally respected products. No one is making you buy it.

I did pick up a razor at Dollar Tree stores for $1 US. It's called AssuredMen and came with a 5 pack of blades. However the safety bar on one side is an unintentional slant.
Assured for Men... you should give the handle the scratch test. It’s plastic... not metal like the previous Assured

Thanks for the heads up @borwish, I ordered a razor and a brush at a 53% sale.
For anyone interested, I received the items today (delivered to Germany from Spain), and they are in flawless condition.

Each item was packaged, bubble-wrapped twice, put in a small bag with bubble-wrapping inside, and then the two small bags were put together in an additional airtight bigger bag. :biggrin1:

IMG_20210113_182155.jpg

I should thank you. I didn't notice that the brush was on sale as well. I ordered one after I saw your post. Unfortunately it'll probably be more than a month before I can try them out.

I should thank you. I didn't notice that the brush was on sale as well. I ordered one after I saw your post. Unfortunately it'll probably be more than a month before I can try them out.
It looks massive and feels fantastic in a first quick dry run that I did! Very soft and dense and with good backbone.

I have been using an Omega 10065 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush even since I started wet shaving (3 years ago), and although it has served me well, the new Yaqi definitely registers as an upgrade.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Any idea how long it takes delivery to the states? I ordered a yaqi slant 2 days ago and it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Delivery to the US from China should be measured in weeks not days. The last item I got from Aliexpress took over 80 days, but I have received packages in 10 and 14 days. 30-40 days was typical before 2020. My orders have not shipped yet either. Usually the Aliexpress vender ships in hours, but the Yaqi Factory Store may be overwhelmed if the sale was popular---I received an e-mail about the price drop. Usually my payments are processed in seconds, but it took until the next day for both my orders. If the vender doesn't ship within a certain time frame Aliexpress will cancel the order and refund your money.

I no longer buy anything from Aliexpress. Bad experiences. Deliveries are strung out over a month or two, but worse than that, I've had sellers cancel orders after a month. The feeling I got was that they either didn't realize their real cost in selling and shipping to the US, or they only wanted to hold on the the money for a month and then return it. After checking it out, some of the items I had researched on Aliexpress were also available from Amazon by other sellers at prices close to the price on Aliexpress but dealing with Amazon is a lot more secure. In this case, I know you won't find that razor at that price here, but price isn't everything.

I did my first lather with the Timberwolf today, and apparently I miscalculated because I built lather for an army.

I should reduce loading time from 30 sec today to something like 10 sec probably.

Top Bottom