What's new

6th Ever "Shave Like a Man for an ENTIRE YEAR" ~MLK Day Edition PIF

Gents, (Ladies can play too)!

So you've been tossing around the idea of wet shaving, but keep finding excuses? "I don't know what to buy, don't have the money, not sure where to start, what blades should I get?"

Maybe you're a seasoned veteran that just likes good shaving gear at the best price, and can't find a vendor willing to give you them for free.

Well your excuses have no place here! To honor MLK Day, I'm giving away everything you need to begin shaving like a man for AN ENTIRE YEAR!!! (If you can fight off the ADs).

If you're already shaving like a man, you can at least beef up your den with some quality gear!

So what's in it for you?

Like the last several years, I'll be revealing contents of the PIF each day or so, until they're all listed. If you guess an item(s) correctly before it is announced, your name will be added again to the drawing for each correct guess. You can rest assured, the stuff going in here is quality shave gear that any man would be stoked to have (or maybe not). Regardless, you'll have to wait and see. Happy guessing! It's been awhile since I did this, so here is a link to give an idea of what this PIF can look like: PIF - 5th ever "Shave like a man for an entire year" ~ Veteran's Day edition - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/pif-5th-ever-shave-like-a-man-for-an-entire-year-veterans-day-edition.552857/

Note: If I miss a day, or announce early: TOO BAD!!!

1) Razor (Release Date - 10 Jan)

2) Brush (Release Date - 11 Jan)

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Release Date - 12 Jan)

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Release Date - 13 Jan)

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Release Date - 14 Jan)

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (Release Date - 15 Jan)

7) Blades - (Release Date 16 Jan)

8) A/S 1 & 2 - (Release Date 17 Jan)

Note - Some additional odds and ends may find their way in this box....

Everything in this PIF is unused.

What are the rules?

Just say "I want to shave like (Insert your favorite badass here)" It can be Clint Eastwood, James Bond, or even your Korean War vet grandpa, just someone (Real or Fictional) who would be proud of your decision to put a DE blade to your skin. Feel free to tell us a little about your selection. Also, pick someone who hasn't already been chosen, nobody wants to see 100 Lee Marvins. (In fact I'm pretty sure 100 Lee Marvins are illegal in 48 states). Also, feel free to guess the unknown contents of the PIF in order for a chance to get your name added more than once.

Note: Your choice CAN NOT BE JOHN WAYNE, JOHNY HENDRICKS, TONY LEVIN, HANNAH'S DAD, or CARY GRANT. They were the badasses named by winners at the end of the last five PIFs with this theme and have been retired to the hall of fame.

Selection will be done using random draw on 18 January (PIF is available Worldwide if you're willing to pay shipping outside the US after the first $15. (Please understand, I can't send the aftershave either)

If there is anything in here you know you won't use, tell me before I send it out to you. I'll PIF it to another guy (trust me, you won't hurt my feelings doing this....especially since I don't have any left after shaving like a man this long)

So what are you waiting for? Jump on this! :thumbup:

I'm in.

I want shave like Charlton Heston did in Planet of the Apes with a - (Crocodile Dundee voice) knife.

My guesses:

Razor - Edwin Jagger DE 87
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft
Soap - Arko
Soap - Cella
Soap - something from RazoRock
Soap - MdC
Blades - Astra SP
AS 1&2 - Fine and Clubman

Im game.

1) Razor Merkur 34

2) Brush Simpsons T3

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 MWF

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 Arko

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 Cella

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 Tabac

7) Blades - Feather

8) A/S 1 & 2 - Old Spice & Polo

I'm in.

I want shave like Dennis Waterman in New Tricks.

My guesses:

Razor - Mergress
Brush - SOC Mistura
Soap - MWF
Soap - Haslingers
Soap - PDP 63
Soap - MdC
Blades - 7 O'Clock SP
CWR
AS 1 - Thayers Orange & Cranberry
AS 2 - Nivea Men Sensitive

I wanna shave like the guy on a stick of Arko.

My guesses:

Razor - Rockwell 6S
Brush - Yaqi Tuxedo
Soap - Tabac original
Soap - Arko
Soap - Something from Stirling
Soap - Something from A&E
Blades - GSB
AS 1&2 - Clubman and Brute

Gents,

As always, the nominations are not disappointing, certainly worthy of high praise! We’re off to a little slower start, so hopefully this reveal will bring more interest.

Badass Hall of Fame nominees so far:
carluchi - Charlton Heston
TexOkie Shaver - James Bond
Zig the Pirate - Chuck Norris
Lancer - Dennis Waterman
Woodwzrd- Arko-man! (Surprised this has never been nominated before)

Now for the first reveal!!!!

The razor for this PIF is going the be the Merkur 37C, (More affectionately known as the "Slant"). I normally try to vary the goods from PIF to PIF, but this is my absolute favorite razor, (and I have many razors). It provides a great shave and added control for those tough to reach places (under the nostril). I haven’t experienced a bad blade combo with it. Hope the winner enjoys theirs as much as I do mine.
mine.

This is a very generous and fun PIF. I have participated in the past but am respectfully not in this year as I'm in a sabbatical.

That said, I'll be watching the reveals from the side lines.

You're awesome.

I want to shave like Theodore Roosevelt. When he wasn't shaving he was kicking tail and loving nature.

1) Razor --- I would have guessed a FOCS

2) Brush --- Simpson Trafalgar T3

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 --- PAA

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 --- MWF

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 --- Tabac

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 --- Stirling

7) Blades --- Silver Blues

8) A/S 1 & 2 --- Proraso and A&E

I want to shave like Mac (Bill Duke) in Predator.

1- Razor - missed it
2- Brush - Yaqi
3- Soap - Stirling
4- Soap - TOBS
5- Soap - Arko
6- Soap - Proraso
7- Blades - Shark
8- AS 1&2 - Something form Razorock & Something from A&E

I wan to shave like Denzel Washington

1) Razor : missed it

2) Brush (Simpson t2

3) Soap/Cream/Croap #1 (Arko

4) Soap/Cream/Croap #2 (Nobel otter the night before

5) Soap/Cream/Croap #3 (Stirling executive man

6) Soap/Cream/Croap #4 (proraso green

7) Blades - (GSB

8) A/S 1 & 2 - executive man & flood vigourso

I want to shave like the Man With No Name, aka Blondie, aka, the one armed man (Clint Eastwood in the Dollars Trilogy.)

I dont have any guesses for the box. 🤷‍♂️

The nominations continue to roll in and the names are great. Keep them coming! Badass Hall of Fame nominees so far:

carluchi - Charlton Heston
TexOkie Shaver - James Bond
Zig the Pirate - Chuck Norris
Lancer - Dennis Waterman
Woodwzrd- Arko-man! (Surprised this has never been nominated before)
borwish - Theodore Roosevelt
dimilano - Mac from Predator
Jwynn912 - Denzel Washington
BGO37 - Man With No Name, aka Blondie, aka, the one armed man (Clint Eastwood in the Dollars Trilogy.)

Now for the next reveal!!!!

The brush for this PIF will be the SOC Boar. Once broken in, this brush lathers like a dream, breaking through even the hardest of soaps, and providing a soft feel with great backbone. Despite owning a couple of nice custom brushes, and more expensive brushes, the SOC in my den continues to get regular use. lancer guessed SOC, she he gets an additional entry.

The razor for this PIF is going the be the Merkur 37C, (More affectionately known as the "Slant"). I normally try to vary the goods from PIF to PIF, but this is my absolute favorite razor, (and I have many razors). It provides a great shave and added control for those tough to reach places (under the nostril). I haven’t experienced a bad blade combo with it. Hope the winner enjoys theirs as much as I do mine.
mine.

It’s not too late to get in on this!

Top Bottom