What's new

6932 8/8 Barber Use Hollow grind Water buff scales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days ago I posted a blade only,and some one decided they wanted it ,but wanted it scaled in water buff,So here it is wearing its pants.I thougt some of you old timers might like seeing some photos of it.It will be honed and shipped tomorrow.I roughed in the edge before scaling,so I know it will hone .Specs are below Best Regards GAry

RAZOR #: 6932

MANUFACTURER: Wade Butcher Hollow grind Barbers Use

DATE OF MFG: 1865/90

BLADE TYPE: 8/8 Celebrated “For Barbers Use” Hollow grind with stabilizing shoulders. Blade is in “as new” condition. Extra nice “strong” blade engraving ,and makers mark

SCALES: Period correct water buffalo scales. These are not the original scales, but are a correct facsimile

CONDITION (1-10): 9.7

SHAVABILITY (1-10): will be a 9

COLLECTOR’S

VALUE (1-10): 9.5

COMMENTS An extra nice example

I liked it so much I bought it! By far the most I've ever spent on a razor.

The only thing it's missing is the cool W&B logo, which is a shame. Other than that, it was just so nice... I couldn't help myself.

I'm hoping it will shave well enough to place high in my regular rotation.

Last edited:
I'm hoping it will shave well enough to place high in my regular rotation.

I don't know what your regular rotation consists of, but I've shaved with a similar blade honed by someone (me) with FAR less of a touch with a blade than Traveller, and it was a wonderful shave. I've also shaved with a razor that he sold me that rated a "9" for shaveability....and it is one of my top two razors.
I trust you will be quite pleased.

I don't know what your regular rotation consists of, but I've shaved with a similar blade honed by someone (me) with FAR less of a touch with a blade than Traveller, and it was a wonderful shave. I've also shaved with a razor that he sold me that rated a "9" for shaveability....and it is one of my top two razors.
I trust you will be quite pleased.

Thanks, I'm very happy to hear that!

I do tend to prefer larger, heavier razors. My best two so far are a 7/8 Joseph Elliot and an unusual Boker: large and wedgy. If the W&B is in the same league of shaveability, I'll be thrilled. And if it's even better, I'll be amazed.

Top Bottom