What's new

6 weeks in and a massive thank you to you all!

Welcome to B&B. That Gillette SA cleaned up really well. I have just gone back to using a Slim Adjustable and am enjoying using it.
Thanks mate, agreed, the slim is a great bit of kit, esp now as I've found a few blades that work well for me - looking forward to comparing the Fatboy

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good seeing you here. Interesting twist on adding some goodies to witch hazel. Will have to try that some day.

Good seeing you here. Interesting twist on adding some goodies to witch hazel. Will have to try that some day.
Thank you! Well worth doing and cheap, my skin has felt much more comfortable compared to alum. The logic was I like the tingle / burn of mint and eucalyptus and the properties of witch hazel. I'll likely add either lemon or lime to give it a little fragrance but it's fine as is.

That is a lovely, so is it one of a kind?

More than likely it is also one of a kind. Bob (the maker) passed away a number of years ago. I've seen only 3 variations of custom Progress razors he did. I have a pic of the 3rd one somewhere but can't seem to locate it now :(

All of the razors in my 1st pic were done by Bob but those are a little more common except for the wooden handle which has a matching brush, the TTO, and the Progress which were special order/customs. Bob was working on a custom fat boy (Koa wood handle and brush set) for me when he passed away unexpectedly.

proxy.php

proxy.php

More than likely it is also one of a kind. Bob (the maker) passed away a number of years ago. I've seen only 3 variations of custom Progress razors he did. I have a pic of the 3rd one somewhere but can't seem to locate it now :(

All of the razors in my 1st pic were done by Bob but those are a little more common except for the wooden handle which has a matching brush, the TTO, and the Progress which were special order/customs. Bob was working on a custom fat boy (Koa wood handle and brush set) for me when he passed away unexpectedly.

proxy.php

proxy.php
What a shame, clearly a very talented craftsman, have you found anyone of Bob's skills, since?

What a shame, clearly a very talented craftsman, have you found anyone of Bob's skills, since?

I've not found anyone willing to do custom DE razor work. there are a number of new vendors that provide good production customs (low volume production) but no one I know that will work with you to design a one of a kind razor like Bob would.

there is a gentleman on B&B who does custom straight razor work but that is another story.

Here is one he created for me a few years ago (my username on B&B used to be turtle)

proxy.php

I've not found anyone willing to do custom DE razor work. there are a number of new vendors that provide good production customs (low volume production) but no one I know that will work with you to design a one of a kind razor like Bob would.

there is a gentleman on B&B who does custom straight razor work but that is another story.

Here is one he created for me a few years ago (my username on B&B used to be turtle)

proxy.php
Hmm seems to be a lot of skills / services in short supply across the wet shaving community. from a personal perspective, I'd love to fine a good replating service in the UK (or even EU)

Top Bottom