What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

6 of Pinaud's products discussed.

I love Gent’s Gin. Juniper, red cedar, and lime scent that is very refreshing and distinguished. My wife immediately said “now I like that, it does not smell like an old man!” It is my go to date night aftershave. As a comparison I think it smells similar to german Pitrilon, but lighter and fresher. I might add that it is one of my college age son’s favorites as well.

Great round up! I may have to try the Citrus Musk now.

Regarding the Veg - I decanted a sample from Gary's shop into a glass bottle and stored it for 6+ months. Some how i had the brilliant idea to smell like lilacs on a summer road trip with the Fam. I was ready to enjoy this "cat pee free" nirvana but instead I get the equivalent of a swirly in the public urinal in Penn station at rush hour. I tried to get it off with hot water but I had to go pick up the car so I was stuck with it for hours. Never again!
I also decanted mine. It didn’t do a thing to reduce the cat pee. Never again for me either.

Decanting Pinauds is definitely the way to go - put them in glass. Changes the overall character and legibility of the scents and gives them a clarity they lack in plastic.

Got my first bottle of Clubman today, really like it. I tend to use splashes more like cologne instead of applying to my face. The fragrance mellowed but lasted quite a while. Very pleasing.

Hi guys, need your advice, I have the both the Clubman Whisky Woods and GentsGin. Both are great and I love 'em.

I received my first Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum just a day ago. Phewwww...I found it to be too 'clove' heavy.
Question 1
Is there anything I can do to reduce that? I love the Bayrum soaps but this VIBR 'clove' scent is too strong for me...

Question 2
Is it really a difference and necessary to decant into glass bottles..?

Thanks in advance...

Bhugo

Contributor
Hi guys, need your advice, I have the both the Clubman Whisky Woods and GentsGin. Both are great and I love 'em.

I received my first Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum just a day ago. Phewwww...I found it to be too 'clove' heavy.
Question 1
Is there anything I can do to reduce that? I love the Bayrum soaps but this VIBR 'clove' scent is too strong for me...

Question 2
Is it really a difference and necessary to decant into glass bottles..?

Thanks in advance...
Q1 make Bootleggers out of it!
Q2 no, use and enjoy.
Regards

Bhugo

Contributor
Thanks for reply....
However, I am unable to get Master and Superior BR where I am to concoct the Bootleggers...hahaha. I saw that thread and perhaps make my own.
Some folks like the VIBR in colder months better. Maybe give that a try? It may grow on you.

Apologies....perhaps I did not inform, I am from a perpetual hot country with no winters, in Malaysia. I plan to do my own 'bootleg'...hahahaha
Thanks anyway

Top Bottom