What's new

6/8 Boker silver steel tortoise handle

Thanks guys, and sorry for the post I found one at the Cutlery Shoppe. Everywhere I looked was a big price difference some as much as 100$ difference in the price and shipping was expected, well unknown. One place I ordered was 10-19 days on backorder and then shipped to me. I found out through an email after I ordered, yeah I cancelled hahaha. Some places say discontinued and others simply out of stock. After all this I hope it's what I hope it is [emoji16]. Anybody with one who has had it long enough to say please chime in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seems like a lot sites do not have a lot of stock of new German straights .Might have something do do with tariffs that being imposed on steel and other products in the EU?

There is no better razor to shave with IMHO. I have over 200 straight razors from nearly every maker new & vintage. The Boker Silver Steel is one of the few that I have more than one of. First class shaver.

I have to agree with the positive sentiments expressed here. This is a top notch shaver.

Knocks: the handle is not tight but it is aligned with the blade. I like the scales tight. There are no jimps and I like jimps for grip, they make stropping easier. Not shave ready (but most aren't so it's more of a neutral).

Pluses: The blade is well made. Though it's not shave ready it takes an excellent edge when honed properly that's wicked sharp and very, very comfortable. The scales are beefy and well made, very attractive. The scales are synthetic which means they will never cause scale rot on the blade like vintage tortoise scales caused.

Personal Plus: This reminds me very much of one of the first straight razors I ever bought at the age of twelve. It didn't have jimps and the handle was loose but aligned. It shaved like a champ and I used that razor for nigh 20 years before retiring it just to try something else.

For me, because of the personal pluses, I can get on very well with this razor. Touch-ups are a breeze. It will last a lifetime. Probably one of the last razors I'll ever buy.

Chris

C2ACA621-07F4-475A-914A-11992C25331A.jpeg

Excellent razors. Only problem is the scales warp pretty quickly. No bueno. However a trip to RI and visit with Alfredo solves the scale issue.
Here’s mine. Padauk scales. Great job by Doc226 (aka Alfredo).
West Coast Shaving has Boker Silver Steel Razors with tortoise scales. $120.00

There is no better razor to shave with IMHO. I have over 200 straight razors from nearly every maker new & vintage. The Boker Silver Steel is one of the few that I have more than one of. First class shaver.
Yeap I have a Boker SS and its a fine shaver. The cheapest place I found was blade hq.

Top Bottom