What's new

5th time lucky?

Well having spent a rather quiet Bank Holiday here in the UK my brain started clicking in to action, mainly as I'd been reading B&B. well for the 5th time I've gone and bought an injector razor. Now my history with these things aint good. I've never had a good shave from any of the ones I've bought and that includes both Schick and Pal, all have been sold on. Again usage includes both older models and newer models. But I just keep having an urge to keep trying them. So I've purchased some baldes from Connuaghts (I needed some SE feathers aswell) and dropped a tenner (£10) on this bad boy,

s-l1600.jpg

I know it looks a little bashed up currently but with some TLC she should come up nice and possibley better than user grade. I'm no stranger to SE shaving and my current go to is my Oneblade core and hybrid. Prior to that I've been shaving with the orginal Cobra, recent Hawk SE DE, many GEM's (bullet tip, 1912 etc) Ikon El Jeff, MR SE and Valet razors, so I think I have a grasp of what I'm doing. However any advice for injector shaving is welcome as are any blades to try as I seem only to be able to get hold of large blade packs and I'm not willing just yet to take the plundge. Thanks.

That's one of the more aggressive of the Schick injectors. They shave well and are pretty simple to use. I always used the Chinese Schick blades in these, which can be bought in small quantities online. You can also use Schick Prolines; just make sure you don't accidentally purchase the AC blades because as great as they are, they will not fit into that razor.

If it is like this pink one the shave just like a j type, very nicely!
20200422_092449.jpg

Perhaps not quite as agressive as the earlier razors, but not too mild either on my opinion.

If it is like this pink one the shave just like a j type, very nicely!
View attachment 1148117

Perhaps not quite as aggressive as the earlier razors, but not too mild either on my opinion.
I'm late to the party here but that ladys razor is amazing. They are not aggressive at all, but holy cow are they efficient. I can not shave for days and this works incredible. The white one lives in my bathroom and the others are on display. I love this model, it's probably my favorite design because it's fun and not just black. I have the blue and white sparkle ones and they shave just like the Golden 500 and other 500's. They are one of, if not, my favorite head on any injector for a Chick blade. For a Twin I prefer the N, but the J's and K's (same 500 platform, not all J;s are created equal) perform every bit as well with the Chicks as the twins so why waste the $? Get it , you won't regret it unless you are spending a fortune.

I have the Type E and G. The E is a bit on the aggressive side and is very efficient. Aggressive to me means how much you feel the blade and its propensity to bite you. It's not how well it shaves. To me that it efficiency. IMHO it really depends on how much blade feel you want will determine if you will like it. If you like blade feel, then go for it. Know that it can bite. The K you are looking as is a lot more forgiving and every bit as efficient. Also typos fixed LOL.

I just started shaving with a Type G Injector (quite similar to what you have) in the last few days, to try and participate in SEptember. I've found the angle I'm using is almost to press the flat of the head against my face with gentle pressure to shave. The angle makes the handle nearly perpendicular to my face.

It has taken a bit to get used to the weight and not press, when coming from heavier razors. The ATG passes for me have been much easier than the rest and I've been able to get long strokes from the bottom of the neck to the top of the cheek.

Go slow and light, watch the angle, and stick with it. I've had 3 good shaves with one so far, and I anticipate more.

Well my G1 arrived yesterday and after 20 mins in the jewellery bath thingy, it came up really clean. Pushed and old blade through then a new one. Lathered up some proraso red after a shower and set to work with the head flat on my face then adjusted the angle untill cutting was apparent. Now while the shave quality was great I did seem to pick up 1/2 doz weepers on the chin and jaw line. Now this is just poor technique and the fact I'm a dedicated shower shaver, so shaving at the sink has never been that good for me. I'll have another crack later on in the week as I'm also experimenting with my ECO half DE blade razor. I'll try and get a pic up of the new to me G1.

Top Bottom