What's new

502 Bad Gateway, etc

Got that error message a few times, plus "CloudFlare is checking your browser, wait 5 sec" and general very slow page loading.

Other sites don't appear to be affected. Chrome browser, posting from UK.

Clocks just went forward 1 hour here, probably a coincidence, but I thought I'd mention it.

Since Cloudflare is a CDN and web-site security is its stock-in-trade, I assume that this web-site had engaged it to act as a reverse proxy and protect it from DDoS attacks, or something like that...
That's why you get the message that Cloudflare is "checking your browser." It is protecting the server.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Very strange, one tablet gets past the cloudfare pause, but my newer tablet gets frozen out of the site at the cloudfare screen.

Screenshot_20220327-012629_kindlephoto-358801.jpg

Very strange, one tablet gets past the cloudfare pause, but my newer tablet gets frozen out of the site at the cloudfare screen.

It's likely a timing rather than a device issue (especially if they are both on the same network). It should resolve if you keep trying.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
It's likely a timing rather than a device issue (especially if they are both on the same network). It should resolve if you keep trying.
I only tried the older tablet after trying for about an hour on the first one, which was the only device connected to my network at the time.
I also see many spam posting in Chinese.

I'll check back in a few days.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I only tried the older tablet after trying for about an hour on the first one, which was the only device connected to my network at the time.
I also see many spam posting in Chinese.

I'll check back in a few days.
Well I finally cleared the browser cookies, and this seems to have done the trick, no longer stuck on Cloudflare screen. 😁

I can't get past the Cloudflare page in my favorite browser. I've cleared cookies, history, pre-fetch and every other cache I can find but still stuck. No problem on my tablet or cell phone. It's madding.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I was in Taiwan and had the same B&B stuck situation for a whole day.

Top Bottom