What's new

500th post Newbie PIF

I just thought I'd pop back on and say thank you to Captp, Jim, and Scott for your generosity. I've been a forum rat on some other sites for a while and NOWHERE competes to B&B generosity.

^This!!
I've been on many forums, and the best you'll find, it seems, is, 'buy me a 6 pack for this item worth about what a 6 pack is worth' :tongue_sm

I'm quite glad to of found such a great community! :thumbup1:
Also, 1 personal vote (from an entrant) that Bob gets something!

Hey,

I would like to enter this as I am a new person here. I am a poor medical student that is going to be in about 330K debt at an interest rate ranging from 6.8 to 8.5%, by the time I graduate, and have been shaving with a cartridge razor. I use one cartridge for about 1 to 2 months because I don't have enough money to buy them over and over. My shaves are pretty bad and by 1 month of using the same cartridge it irritates my face and has caused many ingrowns. I also don't get a smooth shave as the blades are dull by that time. I am open to trying this type of shaving and would greatly appreciate this prize if given the chance. Thank you.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
This PIF is coming to an end in about 5 hours. The blade samplers and brushes are on the way. They should be here this week, early next week at the latest. Both vendors I ordered from have always been pretty quick in delivery, usually 3-4 days at most.

I enjoyed this so much that I will probably do another in a month or so. Different rules, I think. Probably a prize pool. Don't know, I have to think about it. Good luck to you all.

This will be my last post on it until I announce that it's over; it may take me til tomorrow morning to announce the winner.

captp

This PIF is now ended. No more entries will be accepted. I will work on the winner and post when I decide.

captp

Please note that if I don't hear back from the winners by Friday 4/15/11 I will pick another winner.

Aerogt01 post #34 wins the grand prize.

GuitarDO Post #42 wins 2nd prize of a soap and two packs of blades

Edvinoo Post #12 wins the original Vulfix 1000B pure badger faux ebony for his Someone stole all of my shaving gear thread

I told you it would be on a whim. For some reason I liked the Aerospace Engineer married, and can't afford to buy carts just does it for me.

GuitarDo gets second because his post number is the answer to Life the Universe and Everything.

I will PM them in the morning to let them know and get their addresses.

I should be getting the brushes tomorrow and the rest by Th-Fri.

Special thanks to Scott (HDStreetGlide) for the razor and to Jim at Vintage Blades for the great offer of the Rooney Brush, which I basically got for the same price as the Vulfix.

Last edited:
Thank you captp!!

I'm so excited, the last time I ever won anything was when I was six or so, and it was a prize underneath the cap of a coke bottle!!

Looks like I will have quite a few questions in the next few weeks. . .

Btw, what does PIF actually stand for??

captp

Thank you captp!!

I'm so excited, the last time I ever won anything was when I was six or so, and it was a prize underneath the cap of a coke bottle!!

As in the movie from a couple of years ago. Pay it Forward. It means, basically, that I do something for you, and down the line, when you can, you do something for someone else, someone who needs a hand. It can be another PIF here, or help someone who's down and out. Usually, but not always, for someone you don't even know.

Last edited:
Thank you captp!!

Congrats on a nice set of shaving stuff!

PIF: (Pay It Forward) Rather than "paying it back" to older members, paying it forward means giving away shaving equipment to newbies. PIF can be used as a noun or a verb.
- from the Abbreviations list on the Shave Wiki: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Abbreviations#P

Thank you captp!!

Congrats and good luck with your new gear :thumbup:

Sorry I haven't been able to get the OS mugs. I haven't heard back from the seller. But I'll let you know when I pick them up. If you want them, maybe you can use them on future PIFS.

captp

Wouldn't you know it? I stepped out to get takeout for lunch and in the 8 minutes I was gone, UPS arrived and delivered the brushes. It always seems to work out that way. Just waiting on the blade samplers to arrive and I can send out the 1st prize.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Congrats to all the winners!! Let me know if I need to send my mug and the razor together.

One of the venerable faculty members realized my plight and produced, to my great intrigue, (what I have now determined to be) an 1950s Gillette super speed and a (disgusting) boar brush. He proceeded to lather and shave 5 cadavers using some "hospital use only" DE blades and a cake of soap whose origins I prefer to remain ignorant of (when surrounded by human bodies, I always think of Fight Club when I see soap)...

Another reason to be sure and clean them ebay razors.. you never know where they might have been used.

Top Bottom