What's new

500th post Newbie PIF

Awesome PIF! Though I've been wetshaving for over 2 years, I just joined B&B a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say that I am continually amazed by the generosity of all the members on here. I think it goes without saying that I probably don't qualify for this particular PIF, though as I only have a single DE razor, that tech looks mighty nice about now. I'll have to keep my eyes open for another PIF :biggrin1:

Also a student here, though I only have one year left (of 8 total) before I can be a veterinarian and free of school FOREVER!!! :lol: Hence the username. Hehe. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again to the community in general for being so generous and also give this thread a shameless bump. :001_smile

Im knew but i have a DE blade.... other then that i have a cheap brush and a small puck of soap... I hope im eligable if not thats ok

I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you! :w00t:

There must be many more deserving newbies out there Jonesing for this great PIF. Let's hear from you!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
There's an update to the original brush offered. Vulfix to Rooney. Courtesy of Vintage Blades. Updated in OP

Somebody is gonna be very lucky! I just received the contents of a PIF I won in March from HDStreetGlide. I am literally speechless! Havent had the opportunity to relish in the experience of the products as of yet, but I will be sure to post soon. Good Luck on this one!

I will take my hand in entering.

I am a senior in Aerospace Engineering and have been married for 2 years. I don't even have enough money to continue buying cartridges, and disposables don't work on my thick, dense facial hair. I have been hand-stroping my dull Gillette Fusion for about a month now.

My real problem: When using a cartridge, I get horrible acne and folliculitus (sp?) problems. Red bumps all over my face. To keep this from happening, I have to shave so that I can still see 0.5-1mm of facial hair. I really think a DE would solve or mostly alleviate this, but I do not have the money to get started. I would love to try my hand at DE shaving and hopefully get a close, non-irritating shave!

captp

I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you! :w00t:

There must be many more deserving newbies out there Jonesing for this great PIF. Let's hear from you!

One would certainly think that, Larry, but I've been keeping an eye on the newbie posts and most of them already seem to have at least a starter kit. I've posted in several newbie threads, inviting some who seem to have nothing yet, but only a few have come on board. At least, with the brush upgrade, I was able to pick an early partial winner who wasn't otherwise eligible for the full package. Still a couple of days to go. The fewer who apply, the easier it is to pick a big winner. Life is not supposed to be that easy.

captp

Time to kick this back to page one for a while (like maybe 5 minutes at the rate posts are coming up:001_smile)

This is a great opportunity for newbies with no DE or brush to get them gratics, absolutely free, for nothing more than posting a little story, or reason why you need it. Who knows, maybe I'll throw something else in, unannounced. Maybe I'll like your screen name, or your story. There's nothing to lose but a few minutes of your time.

So get to it, newbies.

captp

So few takers that selection will be easy as pie tomorrow. I'll be picking the winner tomorrow evening. Let's say at

Midnight in the Shaving Den of Good and Evil

captp

Howdy again newbies. This PIF is almost over. I'll be picking the winner late this evening. Come on in and give it a go. There's some nice swag to be had just for making a teensy little post. Go on up and read the first post and if you qualify post something.

I just thought I'd pop back on and say thank you to Captp, Jim, and Scott for your generosity. I've been a forum rat on some other sites for a while and NOWHERE competes to B&B generosity.

Hi,

I such a newb I don't even know what PIF stands for. I've only made about two posts so far. But if I win I'm giving it to a friend named "Bob". (Name changed to protect the innocent.)

I watched Bob lose everything in his life over the course of a few years: his wife, his kids, his job, his sanity. A year and a half ago I thought he wasn't going to make it to 50. I remember going to his one-room apartment and finding him lying in a pile of old, dirty clothes. His wife had kicked him out and he wasn't allowed to see his kids. There were empty beer cans everywhere. Some lined up neatly on the counter, some on the kitchen window sill, some sprinkled around the computer. An empty whiskey bottle near the bed. The air was stale and smelled like urine. His neighbor, a heart-of-gold Italian guy had made him a plate of pasta two days prior, and it was still sitting on the table with plastic wrap over the top. It was the neighbor who'd called. He hadn't heard any sounds coming from Bob's apartment next door and was getting worried. We called the rescue because he was weak and pale. I picked up a piece of paper off the floor and it was a letter to his son. The handwriting started out ok, but then the letters got bigger and the end of each line angled wildly downwards, then finally the letters broke into a scrawl I couldn't make out. The legible part read: "I am your father. Don't forget. I love you." Two ambulance medics showed up and for thirty minutes tried to find a place to take him. Each hospital kept referring us to another hospital, but they knew him, they knew his case. Nobody wanted him. Bob recogized me standing there next to the medic and asked me how my baby was, and I lost composure and ran to the kitchen and cried. I didn't know what "the bottom" meant until right then.

It's been about a year and a half since then, and miraculously, Bob's making a comeback. Me and a few friends are his support group. We meet about once a week. He's fighting to get his children back in his life again and he's clean and has been for a year. One whole year. He got a job. It ain't much, but he can now support himself.

I've been telling him about safety razors for a few months now, and how I was interested in tossing the old trac II. He was jealous when I told him about my new Merkur 34C. I wanted him to join in the fun, but all I had to give him was a feather disposable DE razor. (Yes, it's a feather disposable, light blue and plastic. It's roughly the same size as my new Merkur 34C lengthwise. And is a double edged razor.)

He reported he'd only nicked himself about 5 times! I'm sure it was due to improper prep. Or maybe the feather blade. He's got no brush, no shaving soap. I quickly pointed him to mantic's youtube vids. Awaiting the next report.

He pretty much needs everything. Poor guy's sitting there with a light blue *disposable* DE razor. What kind of crappy friend would give his friend a disposable DE razor?

So there's Bob's sob story. I asked him if I could tell a small part of his epic tale of woe in an attempt to get some free shaving stuff and he was all for it. We both laughed and decided his sob story really kicked butt.

Thanks for the contest Captp.

joejoe

Top Bottom