What's new

500th post ~Ideas~ PIF

I waited until my daughter was a little older. Her hand, when she was 3, was almost perfectly sized for my shoulder. She is (maybe, not sure at 7) left-handed, and that is where her hand is. I've been trying to think of something to add to it, but I'm not sure. I will pay attention to this thread to see if something sparks my interest as well, if you don't mind. Also, don't include me, as I have enough stuff. Unless I make 2nd place, then I would like to try Cella.

Congratulations on your baby boy.

Before reading the comments I was thinking of taking his footprint and let that tattooed on you. But that one is already taken with the handprints.

Maybe you can mix and match a little. You can take the sign of the zodiac of his birthdate with his name. Or have a stork bird with a package in his beak with you son's name on it.

My brother in law has a Celtic cross on his forearm. There is a banner wrapped around the cross with his son's name and birthdate on it. Really elegant in my opinion and something that I'm looking at doing someday too.

My brother in law has a Celtic cross on his forearm. There is a banner wrapped around the cross with his son's name and birthdate on it. Really elegant in my opinion and something that I'm looking at doing someday too.

I've seen one's like you're describing before but I'm not religious so crosses and things of that nature are out.

.... I think insteat of the rib though, you could do it more on your chest to signify that your carry your family close to your heart....
well I have a very hairy chest & I already have a piece on the upper chest near my collar bone. the reason for it being on my ribs is partly because I've been saving the ribs for something really meaningful. I have six other tattoos. also it is to be in recognition of the sacrifice and the pain that my wife endured. can't think of too many places that are more painful to tattoo than the ribs

I love tattoos myself and even tho i dont really know if this is conus only i wanna give some input in this (I want to be in the pif)
Maybe being that you like american style tattoos you could go over something like an anchor with a banner with your baby's name and the numbers of his birth day ...
Why an anchor since that's kinda like a sailor tattoo ? Great questions =D ... i think a kid is one of those things in life that would make you stand strong in place, and have a good thing that is always have you in contact to the earth.

Hope you like it ... and being honest, hope i win it =D
Big hug and congrats on the baby.

I love tattoos myself and even tho i dont really know if this is conus only i wanna give some input in this (I want to be in the pif)
Maybe being that you like american style tattoos you could go over something like an anchor with a banner with your baby's name and the numbers of his birth day ...
Why an anchor since that's kinda like a sailor tattoo ? Great questions =D ... i think a kid is one of those things in life that would make you stand strong in place, and have a good thing that is always have you in contact to the earth.

Hope you like it ... and being honest, hope i win it =D
Big hug and congrats on the baby.

I'll ship anywhere they let me. I'm not conus anyway but we do have an American post office on base here.

this anchor idea is something that I've given thought to before. I do like that it symbolizes being grounded or at home so to speak. I'm not a sailor, but much of my family has been; I sort of broke tradition and went into the Air Force instead.
It seems this anchor idea could also incorporate the pearls as well with both being sea related

The pearl seems cool. I'm not as into the footprint personally, but this isn't my tattoo.

Now that you said you're in the air force though... Could swap the anchor for a cool looking plane, with your sons name on it... Could work a few things even (like say the plane and some symbols) into one larger tat.

The pearl seems cool. I'm not as into the footprint personally, but this isn't my tattoo.

Now that you said you're in the air force though... Could swap the anchor for a cool looking plane, with your sons name on it... Could work a few things even (like say the plane and some symbols) into one larger tat.

perhaps the Air Force equivalent to an anchor....wheel chocks
proxy.php

wheel chocks? ok you are going to be the only person with that tattoo.

I am thinking something and wings now, but that reflects more on you than your son.

I have Treu Sein tattooed on my ribs. I will take a picture when I get home. It means "to be loyal" in German. Loyal to my wife, family and friends. I don't know if you have had the pleasure of getting a tattoo on your rib cage yet, it feels like someone took a piece of broken glass and rubbed it up and down my ribs! Great place for a meaningful tattoo, considering what you go through to get it.
I hadnt thought of getting something German. interesting...especially since I'm German. here's what I have on my forearm
proxy.php

I have to say a tattoo is very personal. I started with a rose for my daughter. 3 daughters and 2 grandchildren I now have 4 roses and 2 rose buds with a thorny wrap around my arm that represents all the women in my life.. I have room to add more and each one has their own special color... I theme such as that may serve your purpose... Good luck with the son. Childbirth is THE most marvelous miracle....

Well I do not know if your into cartoons or animations but I know what my tattoo will be when I become a father.
My favorite movie is The nightmare before Christmas. My idea for the tatto I want is to have jack skellington holding a present in his hands and looking at it with his astonished what's this look like he cant believe his eyes . Then I want there to be a string and tag that is attached to the present which will have my childs name as well as there birthdate on the tag. To me this would represent my child being a gift to me in life. That's my idea of

Also if you continue to add children you can add presents around jack and give them different colors and designs to represrnt your other children

I have to say there are some awesome ideas on here so far I like the guy that tslks about the turtle. I hope my suggestions helped.
Besides that thanks for being so generous as to offer this piff and good luck with deciding on a tattoo :)

ok I realize that it has been a real long time and many have more than likely forgotten about this. the last couple months of 2012 were crazy for me. my Grandpa was diagnosed with liver cancer so I spent what was supposed to be my tattoo fund on a trip to see him. he is doing fantastic now though.

so today I got my tattoo. here it is:

$295618_554882847878968_1628502204_n.jpg

I ended up sticking with the roman numerals and a rose.

since I didn't end up going with one of the suggestions in this thread I picked a name at random and that name is - Intotheforge. please pm me your address and I'll get this in the mail soon. thanks again everyone and sorry about the delay

First off I am a big Disney fan and hopefully some of you are so you can understand what I plan on doing. If any of you have seen the movie then you will know. My daughter's name is Ellie. So I plan on putting a grape soda pin (Ellie badge) on my chest.

Sweet tat! You did good.

I actually had forgotten about this till I saw a new post on my suscribed threads. PM incoming. And thanks!

I received the package. I have to say this was an incredibly generous pif. This is my first boar and my first TTO. I've lathered the boar several times now and the hairs are already splitting and softening. How long does it take to get the funk out? I'm really looking forward to shaving with all this new stuff tonight. I'll even give the veg a shot. Will report back tomorrow.

Top Bottom