What's new

500th Post Canadian PIF

I'm IN, from Winterpeg!

I don't really drink much Tim's, although now that they're doing espresso shots added in, I don't mind doctoring up a medium (the old-school large) 3x3. My favorite go-to Tim's menu item, though, is probably the everything bagel, toasted.

While fighting off windchill for half the year, I sometimes throw on my Sorels and a couple layers underneath my parka (yes, hooded)... some red Zellers/HBC Team Canada mitts... and head off in search of the nearest Sev for a Slurpee. "Slurpee Capitol of the World" - that's a title we take very seriously around these parts (too seriously, I suppose).

It'd be cool to select a winner in a way that somehow involves us all throwing our sticks into a pile at centre ice. Any way we could virtually do that?!

Now THAT is a Canadian way to pick a winner!

Well I'm in Ottawa as well and as far as Tim's goes I'll have an everything bagel toasted with butter. As far as Canadianisms go I'd like to bring up that on a Sudbury Saturday night the girls are at the bingo and the boys are getting stinko!

Edit: dude from winnipeg. I'm here right now. Why does your rye bread not have caraway??!!

Last edited:
My inlaws are Canadien, I'm not in. But I love listening to the way you guys talk; And I don't know if it's throughout Canada or regional, they live in Alberta, and say "right" after everything as much as "eh" Cracks me up.
GO REDWINGS!!!

Hey Treewhale, my wife is in Edmonton right now visiting her Mom, so if you could just drop that stuff off to her, she can bring it back for me. ;)

Last edited:
A bit of Razorock XXX is being added to the samples, along with some Shark Stainless. Due to some kindness, my stock of both increased over the weekend, and I am passing along the luxury croap and value blade goodness on to you!

For those of you who are new enough not to remember, RR XXX is a now discontinued rebranded Acqua Di Parma shave cream, which goes for a good chunk of change in it's main brand form.

Last edited:
Getting close to Labour Day, my fellow Canucks! No way to tell what other goodies might show up in the package.

I just registered last night (see my newb check-in), so I guess I'm as new as they come.

Well, I'm right next door in B.C. (Howdy, neighbour!), and although I've been DE shaving for a while, I've just discovered that there are things to lather my face with other than hand soap! :blushing: So, yes, I could use some soap samples.

I order a Boston Cream and a tea with 4 sugars every time I hit a Tims. I've been following that routine for about 15 years. Their new fruit smoothies are great on a hot day, though.

Anyhoo, good luck to all the other participants! And thanks kindly to treewhale for the remarkable show of generosity! :a14:

I was thinking about doing this after constantly seeing CONUS only PIFs. I'm in, my favourite item on the timmies menu is a double double (but I won't say no to a Boston Cream), which the few Tim Hortons I've been to when visiting the states gets confused when I try to order one. As for using a Canadian phrase I believe calling Tim Hortons "timmies" should do quite well, if not I'm at a loss on that one. Oh and I'm from central Ontario. Barrie, Ontario to be exact. Thanks for the opportunity.

In TO, aka "centre of the universe" and I'm always on the lookoot for the elusive chocolate toasted coconut at Timmy Hoe's..hard to find.

Very kind offer!!!! I'm in, the P160 really caught my eye.

I've been cruising B&B too much lately, what being on pogey and all. Spend most of my day on here and watching the Friendly Giant with my niece and nephew, snacking on Coffee Crisp, Joe Louis, Flakies, Half Moons and drinking pop, while lazing around in my housecoat.

I've really been trying to find that P160 even while oot and aboot at Canadian Tire. ( also hoping to get rid of some of my Canadian Tire money....so far no luck.) Maybe I could check a Home Hardware for the P160, but all I end up buying is more Robertson screws.

I assume you are excited aboot your Oilers...as much as I am aboot my Leafs...won't be long and we'll be watching Coach's Corner on HNIC.

Thanks again for the generous PIF offer.

P.S. If I am lucky enough to win I'll be taking the new gear with me on my holiday to Cuba...Leaving on Boxing Day, coming back May 2-4...got tickets to a Rush concert and Gordon Lightfoot is opening for them...scores!

I've really been trying to find that P160 even while oot and aboot at Canadian Tire. ( also hoping to get rid of some of my Canadian Tire money....so far no luck.)

Totally off-topic, but... Sign up for the Canadian Tire Options Mastercard and you'll soon have CT money coming out the wazoo. Any purchase, anywhere, gives you CT money!

Anyway, good luck to you (and your Leafs... they're gonna need it :001_tongu )!

Totally off-topic, but... Sign up for the Canadian Tire Options Mastercard and you'll soon have CT money coming out the wazoo. Any purchase, anywhere, gives you CT money!

No kidding! I have this, and I'm always surprised when I'm shopping at CT and they tell me how much CT$ I have to redeem.. woohoo for me!

Anyway, good luck to you (and your Leafs... they're gonna need it :001_tongu )!

HA..cool, thanks for the tip...can see how that would add up super quick indeed.

Ya the Leafers are gonna need some luck to make the playoffs...I'm gonna have a hard time watching/cheering the 'Nucks with that new coach...hoping Bobby Lou gets his head straight and plays well going into Feb...where it really counts :)

I'am in if it is not too late.
I am from Montreal, Quebec....Go Habs Go where hockey is a religion.
Tim Horton's is a medium coffee double double with Timbits for the kids hockey/soccer/sports team on the weekend.

great pif by the way

I'm in! I live in Toronto.
When I go to Tims, it is pretty much just for coffee, medium black. I can't remember the last time I had anything to eat there.

Ya the Leafers are gonna need some luck to make the playoffs...I'm gonna have a hard time watching/cheering the 'Nucks with that new coach...hoping Bobby Lou gets his head straight and plays well going into Feb...where it really counts :)
A lot of my relatives are Leaf fans because they're originally from Ontario. I was born in B.C., but got the Leafs indoctrination early, so I cheered for them for the first few years of my life, but switched to the Canucks when they got here in 1970. But, when it comes to those two teams, I can't really say that I have a favourite.

All that matters is that the Cup comes back to Canada!

As for Torts... I couldn't stand the guy when he was with the Lightning and Rangers. Just seemed like a real ***. But, he says that he knows he'll have to act differently in Vancouver because of the much higher scrutiny he'll receive from Canadian media and fans. I guess we'll see.

As for Bobby Lu... Now that he's #1 again, with a completely green backup behind him, I'd like to think that he'll come into the season with a positive attitude. He's certainly got some motivation to play well, considering the circus that went on around him. Good luck to him.

And good luck to everyone here, by the way. Some lucky person is gonna get a bunch of cool shaving stuff from treewhale!

A lot of my relatives are Leaf fans because they're originally from Ontario. I was born in B.C., but got the Leafs indoctrination early, so I cheered for them for the first few years of my life, but switched to the Canucks when they got here in 1970. But, when it comes to those two teams, I can't really say that I have a favourite.

I love watching the Canucks when they are the late game Sat nights...I make sure I watch the anthem...leagues best anthem singer hands down!!

All that matters is that the Cup comes back to Canada!
Amen to that..and Canucks have the best chance at that.

As for Torts... I couldn't stand the guy when he was with the Lightning and Rangers. Just seemed like a real ***. But, he says that he knows he'll have to act differently in Vancouver because of the much higher scrutiny he'll receive from Canadian media and fans. I guess we'll see.

...I have a feeling he'll be back to his old ways pretty quick.

As for Bobby Lu... Now that he's #1 again, with a completely green backup behind him, I'd like to think that he'll come into the season with a positive attitude. He's certainly got some motivation to play well, considering the circus that went on around him. Good luck to him.

And good luck to everyone here, by the way. Some lucky person is gonna get a bunch of cool shaving stuff from treewhale!

Indeed...Bravo treewhale!

The Entries are in, the PIF is closed, a winner will be chosen and a description of the items that finally wound up in the PIF Pack posted tonight. I will PM the winner for an address.

Top Bottom