50% Off!

Discussion in 'Stone Cottage Shaving' started by MilfordNJGuy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

All 14 scents of Stone Cottage Premium Shaving Soap are now on sale for 50% OFF!

Check it out!

Shaving Soap
    Shaving Soap

2. Huzzah!!

3. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Jeez, great sale. What is International Shipping like? Expensive?

4. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Thank you, Sir!
    I only ship to the US and Canada.

5. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Thanks anyway.

6. I'll send ya a tub mate. PM me your address.

7. I purchased the Coconut & Sandalwood when you had the 50% off sale a few weeks ago. Is this supposed to be a very lightly scented soap? I lathered it 4x and I still can't smell much of anything.

8. That is a great deal! I wish you had your Patchouli on that list.

9. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Some people have a stronger ability to detect scent than others. Women have a much stronger ability than men do! I put the highest percentage of scent possible but try and keep it at an appropriate level. Since this type of soap dries from the outside in, you may find the scent stronger as you do further into the puck.

10. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Sorry, Patchouli scent wasn't offered in this product. I still offer it in our shaving cream but I'll keep that in mind for the future! :001_smile

11. Thank you! Looking forward to trying your soap and as a bonus a few new scents I haven’t tried anything similar to but have been interested in

12. Thank you for the deal! I got my soaps after a short learning curve and a little practice I got a great lather and a darn good shave. The spiced myth is a great scent

13. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Glad to hear that you like the Spiced Myrrh! As is with all products, you have to experiment a little then you get to know it and how to make it work well for you! The sale continues!

14. Last Christmas season I was looking for a scent in the Frankencense or Myrrh range. Unfortunately, it has been so long I couldn't remember what they smelled like. I have vague memories of a sweet, almost resinous scent. I think together they are a musky and sweet mix, but if you get the right one separate, you have a nice sweet scent? Well, I eventually gave up trying to recall, lol. Still, seeing the mention of myrrh I had to ask... am I remembering correctly? Am I even close in my thoughts? If so, Which is which?

Thanks.

15. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

Myrrh is a resinous scent and in this version it is accompanied by the scents of sweet spices of Allspice, Cinnamon and Clove Bud and has a base of Amber and Musk. Frankincense is a deep and smoky resinous scent as well and has a base of Amber and Vanilla to round things out! It has more of a "smoky" character than the Myrrh and they are still available at 50% off their regular prices! :001_smile

16. Toothpick

Toothpick Moderator

Just placed an order. I’ll have you know, this is the first “modern” shaving soap I have bought in several years. I’ve been using only vintage stuff for a long time now. But 50% off and a few beers in my system.....

17. Lol. I guess I wasn't very clear... my apologies. I was just wondering about the actual resins, not any particular soaps. The additions will change the scent profiles, for sure. I can't remember what each individually smells like.

Thanks.

18. MilfordNJGuy

MilfordNJGuy Vendor

I did actually answer your question: "Myrrh is a resinous scent" "Frankincense is a deep and smoky resinous scent as well" Myrrh also has a deeper, darker fragrance than Frankincense which has the smoky "incense" type notes to it that Myrrh does not possess...

19. Toothpick

Toothpick Moderator

Hey, fulfill my order. :lol:

20. Oops, you actually did. I got confused with the additional scents and notes in the different soaps. My bad.

I have the feeling neither is going to be a sweet, non-musky light scent, which is what I have been gravitating towards recently.

Well, to be fair, this was on my shopping list back during Christmas... Not quite the seasonal scent for the summer months.

Thanks.