What's new

GIVEAWAY! 5 Razor PIF - China

lasta

Blade Biter
If only I was in China and had the courage to shave with a "safety" razor.
Think of it as a roller coaster ride through history.

I picked up a Slim about 18 years ago. Within a few months, I was an exclusively "straight" guy. Bought 4/5 razors, a few stones, a strop and stopped pursuing the hobby. I hate to admit it, but I lost interest in shaving somewhere in the mid 2010's. For a while, I was doing 1 pass N-S with a straight and left over lather from my face wash!

Shaving as a hobby for me hasn't started until 2019 to be honest. Since went through the Old type, New Improved, News, Techs, and Super Speeds, with a few modern tools mixed in for curiosity.

It has been a fun journey!

Hey guys,

I'm trying to cut down on my razor collection (and make an excuse to buy more).

In an effort to lure out our less engaged members, I'm offering 5 razors in 3 sets to those currently residing in China. These are all excellent shaving razors with great reviews behind each one, but are either duplicates or rarely used items in my collection.

All I ask is that you poke your head around B&B more often. There are a lot of exciting developments within MIC razors and brushes, I hope someone with better local language skills can share more insights.

DS and Yaqi are making mirror polished steel razors, Arno is pumping out some pretty premium looking brushes, what else is there?

View attachment 1522475

Set 1: 40's Gillette Super Speed + 1922 Gillette New Improved. A mild daily TTO and a moderate aggressive open comb.
View attachment 1522477

Set 2: Schick Krona + Fatip Piccolo. Again, medium mild daily shaver TTO and moderately aggressive open comb.
View attachment 1522478

Set 3: 1946-50 Gillette Tech. The Tech stands alone. If you don't have a Tech, you shouldn't be thinking about anything else. When you do have a Tech, you don't need anything else.
View attachment 1522476
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do the paperwork to send internationally from here, so this PIF is only open to those currently residing in China.

Pick your set, a number between 1 and 50, and tell us a bit about your shaving experience. I'll check back next Friday and have the razors plus a sampler mix of blades sent out over the weekend.

Cheers!
Thanks @mgweatherly!

We are passed last Friday lol, and No. 2 has been sent out. But there rest are still unspoken for. If anyone still wants them, let me know!
Am I late for the PIF?Sincerely appreciate that you are so generous for giving away such wonderful razors!And I really count myself lucky to reading the post and residing in China.Am I seize the opportunity to receiving the gifts from your kind giveaway?By the way,I'm deeply like the set 1—40's Gillette Super Speed + 1922 Gillette New Improved.Thanks for your generosity!

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
Am I late for the PIF?Sincerely appreciate that you are so generous for giving away such wonderful razors!And I really count myself lucky to reading the post and residing in China.Am I seize the opportunity to receiving the gifts from your kind giveaway?By the way,I'm deeply like the set 1—40's Gillette Super Speed + 1922 Gillette New Improved.Thanks for your generosity!
Sorry, you are two months too late haha. They've all been given away.

Top Bottom