What's new

$5 Crabtree & Evenlyn Shaving Brush!

I just got back from the Crabtree & Evenlyn at South Coast Plaza (Santa Ana, CA) And they were having a promotion for a starter shaving brush, $5 with any men's purchase. A hot deal would be the half off/$12.50 Sweet Almond Oil in the Glass Tub and one of these brushes for under twenty total.

I believe these were valued at $16.50 and would make a good/cheap starter or travel brush that looks very nice but unforuntely is made with bristle and not badger hair. It is however a lot nicer than the $5.99 Burma brush you buy at drug stores. I don't know if all C&E Stores are having this promotion so YMMV.

I've attached a picture of it next to the C&E Best Badger so you can see the size difference.

That particular brush is owned/used by many of the forumites, and I have one myself. Getting it for $5 is an outstanding deal/value!

Chris,

I was under the impression it was the one on the right, that sells for $35 that so many of the forum use.... I believe the $5 one is the one on the left? Is that the one you use? I am rather curious how the little thing is, just because it is so cheap. Looks tiny. Maybe a good cheap option for a travel brush?

Shane

I was at a C&E in Boston on Thursday and saw that offer... seems to me they were referring to it as a travel brush. It's the right size for it, anyway.

Josh

I saw that brush this week - I think its a piece of crap. An unfinished piece of pine with a few boars hair bristles in it. Run do not walk away from that brush. :mad3:

The one in the photo above seems different than the one I saw- so who knows?

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
You can get the same thing on eBay, a Tweezerman with BADGER, not boar for $13-15 and it will be far better. Now, the C&E Best on the right with the white handle is a great brush. I own that one and feel it is the best value out there.

Tony

Tony Miller said:
You can get the same thing on eBay, a Tweezerman with BADGER, not boar for $13-15 and it will be far better. Now, the C&E Best on the right with the white handle is a great brush. I own that one and feel it is the best value out there.

Tony

The Tweezerman is great for lathering up at those places where you wouldnt want your $$$$ Silvertip to be adressed at. ... silence.... silence.

:eek:

I meant latherhing your armpits and your back..

SSLStudio said:
The Tweezerman is great for lathering up at those places where you wouldnt want your $$$$ Silvertip to be adressed at. ... silence.... silence.

:eek:

I meant latherhing your armpits and your back..

You have a hairy back? What we say here in the USA "TMI" (Too much information).

:biggrin:

joel said:
You have a hairy back? What we say here in the USA "TMI" (Too much information).

:biggrin:

hahaha... it is quite ok its not GORILLA like some men are just my higher upper shoulder area I wish I was smooth like the japanese folks they dont have chest hair , I wish I was hairless chest wise and back wise no secret there , wish I had a six pack too no secret their either... I wouldnt shave my legs but people who are professional bikers or swimmers shave their whole body.

whoops -- I misread the post, and thought he was talking about getting the C&E brush for $5 in the promotion. I will concur that the boar hair brush does not compete with the C&E badger. Sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom