What's new

4711 AS

I recently finished up a bottle. It is a clean, fresh scented aftershave which suits warm weather well.
Side Note:
I have a 4711 cologne bottle from the 1960s and also a new production bottle of the cologne. The vintage bottle smells quite different in that it has a distinctive musk scent. In addition, the liquid in the older bottle is amber in color instead of clear like the current production.

It dries down to a extremely subtle and genuine rose/lily on my person. In Germany it is a common fresher, like Superior 70 is in Puerto Rico, so it has some interesting associations for many in that sense. Hence the toilet cleaner jokes. I took a flight from Europe to the US and the refresher towels handed out prior to landing smelled just like 4711.

it was my first "grown up" scent. I love it. I have a .6 ounce bottle of the EDC that I recently found in a box in my closet. I'm about half way through it. It's definitely on the Christmas list.

It arrived yesterday, and I used it last night. This will work out very well for me, a light fresh scent that doesn't linger, right in my wheelhouse. I'm really glad I tried it, it's another keeper. Thanks for the feedback fellas!!
If you like 4711 you should give Speick a try, very similar scent profile with less Geranium than 4711 but much better post shave care. For the money Speick AS can't be beat if pitted directly against 4711.

The cologne makes good aftershave when a few drops of glycerin are added.

AA
Yes, the glycerin addition helps a lot. The 4711 AS has almost nothing but alcohol and scent in it. the 4711 AS is a let down after the 4711 Eau de Cologne.
MM879

I was thinking of my Grandfather the other day. He used to put it on me when I was little after his shave. He always had a bottle. I had a bottle about 30 years ago. Loved the smell and the memories so I ordered a EDC 6.8 oz spray yesterday with some other stuff. Hope it rekindles those memories.

Top Bottom