What's new

.45 acp or 9mm in a 1911.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have both, the traditionalist in me thinks a 1911 should be chambered in .45. The common sense part of me loves 9mm for a plethora of reasons. I am thinking of maybe adding a Gold Cup to my regiment later this year. As of right now I have no idea which caliber I would buy.

What do y'all prefer?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have both, the traditionalist in me thinks a 1911 should be chambered in .45. The common sense part of me loves 9mm for a plethora of reasons. I am thinking of maybe adding a Gold Cup to my regiment later this year. As of right now I have no idea which caliber I would buy.

What do y'all prefer?

I like the idea of the smaller 9mm 1911’s, they just don’t carry enough rounds in the mags for me. But I would want a full sized 9mm one day. I bet they are sweet Shooters. Heck, I would like to try a full sized 1911 in .40?

:)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Depends on use. For a range gun, a 9mm might be fun. Certainly cheaper to shoot or reload. Both of mine are .45ACP. While I know there are no real benefits of one caliber or another for SD, I'd still feel better with a .45 with a single stack mag as compared to a 9mm with a single stack mag.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Depends on use. For a range gun, a 9mm might be fun. Certainly cheaper to shoot or reload. Both of mine are .45ACP. While I know there are no real benefits of one caliber or another for SD, I'd still feel better with a .45 with a single stack mag as compared to a 9mm with a single stack mag.

If I could only use FMJ .45 is the way to go. I just can’t never find .45 FMJ anywhere.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
As John Moses Browning was once quoted as saying: "No man who possesses a double-stack 1911 or a 1911 chambered in any caliber other than the 45 Auto or the 38 Super Auto should be allowed to own a 1911".

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Is it single action?
My Arcus is and fits in the CZ 75 holster.
Model-94.jpg

Top Bottom