What's new

444 question/problem

I used 444 for the first time today and love the smell, the menthol, and the soothing sensation. There is one pretty big issue though: my face was sticky and tacky more than an hour after I used it. Like, to the point where cat hair was sticking to me and my wife didn't want to kiss me. Any suggestions?

Awesome, thank you all for the advice. I really want this stuff to work, because I really like it the smell and feel so much. Has anyone mixed it with Osage? Is this dangerously mentholated?

It makes a good cocktail with Alt Innsbruck, 444 + 1666 > 2110. If you add Proraso cream and a shot of Osage to your routine, you should be able to handle minor surgery without feeling a thing!

Awesome, thank you all for the advice. I really want this stuff to work, because I really like it the smell and feel so much. Has anyone mixed it with Osage? Is this dangerously mentholated?

For me the Osage has just a menthol kick that adding a pea size spot of 444 is negligible.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
..a little goes a long way, just what was said before, a tiny, pea sized amount is enough.

For me the Osage has just a menthol kick that adding a pea size spot of 444 is negligible.

i havn't tried the combo, but wouldn't it make sense that the 444 would hold and maintain the cooling power even longer against the face?

i havn't tried the combo, but wouldn't it make sense that the 444 would hold and maintain the cooling power even longer against the face?

Hmm, sounds like a test is in order. I have used Osage with and without 444 and the only difference I notice is my face feels better with the 444 ... not that the cooling menthol sensation is stronger or longer lasting. Your point makes sense and from other info I have read on 444 makes it sound like it should pack a bigger punch than I am experiencing.

The 444 balm is great when mixed with an alcohol based aftershave. I have tried it with Osage and it will give you a good 20 minute menthol tingle, which is fine by me. Oh, how I love the tingle. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Well, today I mixed Osage w/ a pea-sized drop of 444 and it was wonderful. I was not sticky afterwards, but my face is still moisturized! And wow, I was feeling the chill for an hour or so after.

Top Bottom