What's new

444 or Proraso pre/dopo cream?

444 or Proraso pre/dopo cream (which one as a after shave you preffer)?

• 444 AS Cream

• Proraso pre/dopo AS Cream

Results are only viewable after voting.
You're comparing apples and oranges here. The 444 balm can be used on its own, or in conjunction with the AS splash of your choice. The Proraso Pre-Post is really better targeted for Pre use. Yes, some use it for Post, but in my opinion, it's a bit heavy, and more of a one trick pony.

The beauty of 444 is using it to "mentholate" the aftershave of your choice

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I voted 444. For a very simple reason: the Ludovico Martelli company, manufacturer of both Proraso and SMN, is one of the few companies that still has not removed parabens and SLS on their ingredients lists. Most other brands have already reformulated their products.

I voted 444. For a very simple reason: the Ludovico Martelli company, manufacturer of both Proraso and SMN, is one of the few companies that still has not removed parabens and SLS on their ingredients lists. Most other brands have already reformulated their products.

I agree. I love my Proraso products - I've just used the cream (green), the pre-shave for my second pass, then the splash and a drop of their balm on top! - but it's time for them to show pride as great soapmakers and get rid of the SLS.

Proraso pre/post is honestly only a preshave product. I tried it as an AS after I first got some, but it just spreads around and leaves a residue without doing anything an AS product should. I use it whenever I shave with Proraso cream or soap. Actually, I thought I had seen that it is listed now only as a "pre" product. I've not purchased any new ones in about 6-8 months so maybe someone can chime in with more info.

Proraso pre...it wonderfully compliments the cream and after shave balm...all three used in the same shave equals one of the best shaves I have ever had love it.

I have just ordered some 444 from Bruno and noticed his recommendation to mix a little with some aftershave. I have tried this with the Proraso pre-post, which I usually only use pre-shave, and it works really well post shave. None of the sticky feeling that you normally get.

The 444 balm more like a clear gel than a creamy like the Proraso Pre-Post is. IMO, they are two totally different products.

Top Bottom