What's new

41 or Captain's Choice

Scott awarded me a bottle of Captain's Choice AS in a recent PIF. I have had a few samples of his Lime, and it was the only one missing from my line up, so I asked for Lime. I also got on his web site and ordered the North and Lime soaps so I would have all the CC soaps. The box arrived last night. This morning I added the new items to the stash and noted I have 41 soaps/creams. I also have an R-41. Synergy?? The Lime soap whipped up the fantastic lather I expect from Scott's products, the R-41 with a new GSB gave a BBS, the Lime AS finished everything off perfectly.

Back to 41...

Tallied the product in the den:
Soap/Cream
Stirling - 8 (great stuff, too many scents to choose from, several I have are the Glacial/Ice lines for the summer)
Captain's Choice - 4 (small selection, but each is perfect) :001_smile
Catie's Bubbles - 4 (again, too many scents, love the ones I have)
AoS - 4 (mostly gifts, but the creams do work very well and the Sandalwood is killer)
Kiss My Face - 3 (about the only thing I can buy locally, works pretty well)
Arko, Palmolive, Cella, Proraso, MWF, Tabac, Dr Harris, TOBS, Edwin Jagger, Soap Commander, Real Shave Co, Bigelow, Williams, Neutrogena, C&E (old stuff) , VDH, Vulfix - 1 each (all good performers or to the shower they go, some of these only come in one flavor though)

Some day I will inventory the aftershaves, but I can say Captain's Choice, Pinaud, and Stirling dominate the shelves.

Today's shave was with the North soap. First thing I noticed was it is more of a cream than a soap, not even a croap. Somewhere between Vulfix and AoS creams for consistency. Smell was identical to the AS, as it should be. Dipped my Stirling Kong in the North, dry, then to the bowl. A couple dips of the brush tips in the sink soon had a bowl of lather I could have shave a large dog with. Grabbed the Micromatic OC and soon had a BBS whipped out. Finished off with the North AS. :thumbup:

Today's shave was with the North soap. First thing I noticed was it is more of a cream than a soap, not even a croap. Somewhere between Vulfix and AoS creams for consistency. Smell was identical to the AS, as it should be. Dipped my Stirling Kong in the North, dry, then to the bowl. A couple dips of the brush tips in the sink soon had a bowl of lather I could have shave a large dog with. Grabbed the Micromatic OC and soon had a BBS whipped out. Finished off with the North AS. :thumbup:
+1

Top Bottom