What's new

400 ml bottles of Proraso Splash

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

proxy.php

Man, if they ship my order, I coulda made a killing off of all you suckers...

Lol...the sacrifices we all make in the pursuit of being gentlemen, eh?

Well, here's the deal breaker (for me at least)...The shipping to CONUS is actually much more than quoted...I recieved this email this morning:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello, Thank you for your purchase in our online store www.saraprofumi.it.

Here we communicate the shipping costs as described on our website to item shipment.

SHIPPING

- Shipping € 47.00
- Shipping costs already paid € 8.00
- Remainder € 39.00
If we agree can we get the payment in lieu can pay by credit card PayPal.

In the case of a rethink, please notify us via e-mail the revocation of the order. Consequently, we immediately refund the amount paid.

Pending an investigation extend your regards.

We apologize for our English.

Gentile cliente, la ringraziamo di avere acquistato nel nostro negozio on-line www.saraprofumi.it
Di seguito le comunichiamo le spese di spedizione come descritte nel nostro sito alla voce spedizioni.

SPEDIZIONE

- Costo di spedizione € 47,00
- Spese di spedizione già pagato € 8,00
- Rimanenza € 39,00

Se accetta possiamo richiedere noi il pagamento, in alternativa può effettuare il pagamento tramite carta di credito PayPal.

In caso di un suo ripensamento , la invitiamo a comunicarci via e-mail la revoca dell’ordine. Di conseguenza, provvederemo immediatamente al rimborso dell’importo versato.

In attesa di un vostro riscontro porgiamo distinti saluti.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's still a really good price and a good deal, but would probably work better as a group buy. As it is, I am going to cancel my order, but not because the cost went up, simply because there's no guarantee I would get the package in the end. Alcohol + glass bottles + overseas shipping + potential communication issues if anything goes awry = headaches and hassles.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes. I checked out Alpine Imports as a possible source for aftershave....I emailed them to ask if they had Hattric and Irish Moos in stock. Unfortunately, it was "yes" on the Hattric only.I sure wish I could find everything from one vendor!

Yah, it's sort of bad to get canned goo, but I have a can of Old Spice now I use for days when I need a SPEED shave and use a can and Shavette. I suppose this could replace that emergency can. Plus, I have always wanted to try the red Proraso but have never been able to get my hands on it, so this would be something at least!

There were some posts a while back on the canned Proraso that said, as far as canned goes, it's pretty good.

I'm glad I bought my 400ml bottle when I did.

Hopefully superlather can get his issues worked out soon...

Good Luck!

Well, the company responded to my reply cancelling the order, and I got the PayPal refund within the hour. Despite the high shipping costs, they have been very prompt and attentive. I'd do buisness with them if there was a way to bring the shipping costs down...too bad.

Well, the company responded to my reply cancelling the order, and I got the PayPal refund within the hour. Despite the high shipping costs, they have been very prompt and attentive. I'd do buisness with them if there was a way to bring the shipping costs down...too bad.

This definitely sounds like a group buy situation to me, I don't know about anyone else here. I would at least be interested in a bottle of floid blue, proraso soap, and proraso pre/post.

Mmmm, may be they will ship (cheaper) to other parts of Europe....

Thanks for the info!

Mandrake, let me know how you get on. I can't see anything on their site about shipping outside Italy (apart from the fact you can select different countries on the address part, but that could just be the shop template they use).

Their prices seem pretty good value compared to UK/Ireland.

I'd be in for a group buy. I want to order 1 bottle of Proraso splash, Floid regular (gold), and Floid Blue.

However, I suspect that any group buy organizer would encounter the same courier problems that Mark at Superlather is having...

s.

Mandrake, let me know how you get on. I can't see anything on their site about shipping outside Italy (apart from the fact you can select different countries on the address part, but that could just be the shop template they use).

Their prices seem pretty good value compared to UK/Ireland.

I'll have already contacted them in this regard and shall keep you posted with their answer.:wink:

im in for a couple of bottles if the group buy materializes!

it doesn't even need to be a group buy thing... with just a few members splitting the shipping cost, it'll be just a couple of bucks in no time.

Last edited:
Before I got Monkey's results .. I ordered a bottle of Blue Floid ... I haven't gotten the increased shipping email yet .. but now I know I will ..

here is the confirmation email with pricing..

Prodotti
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Dopobarba Floid Blue 400 ml (C 001) = € 10,83
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Totale: € 10,83
Spedizione a mezzo corriere (Importo): € 8,00
Totale: € 18,83

So - si --- I will be interested in a group buy of some products if the price is still okay.

I did the same thing with saroprofumi -- they gave a refund quickly to me as well.

And yes, I would be down with a group buy of the big Proraso.

Top Bottom