What's new

4 weeks in

Good morning,

As the title says I am about 4 weeks into my wet shaving journey. I can't quite remember how I arrived here other than I think I read that wet shaving was cheaper than cartridges. Well, that has proven not to be true. I started out with the standard Amazon best seller Viking razor. Within 2 weeks of shaving I bought a Timeless razor with a pineapple handle and 0.68 scalloped base. I am very happy to have found this razor so early on. It is simply awesome. I have picked up creams and soaps from TOBS, GFT, AOS, Stone Cottage, Sudsy Soapery, Captains Choice and Uncle Jon's. I shaved with Uncle Jon's Bay Rum last night. A wonderful scent and a great soap that gave me a great shave.

My friends who don't wet shave don't understand why suddenly I spent $250 on a razor and why I use a brush to make lather. Someday they will come around.
For me the greatest thing about wet shaving is that it has now shaving has become a relaxing ritual where before it was an irritating thing I needed to do. I will enjoy trying out new soaps and creams and every now and then going for that BBS shave. I usually do a 2 pass shave and can get a DFS. With the Timeless razor I can do a 1 pass shave and my face is very presentable for work.

Very happy to have found this forum!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome. That's some good kit. You'll save money in the long run. Maybe. Well probably not, but you'll certainly enjoy shaving more! :a17:

Well, it could be cheaper than shaving with a cartridge...but you obviously blew that budget...:001_cool:. Welcome to Badger & Blade! Hang out a while...there is a lot going on here. Check out the various shaving forums...or if you like the other forums that are not related shaving!

I bought a Timeless razor with a pineapple handle and 0.68 scalloped base. I am very happy to have found this razor so early on. It is simply awesome.
Welcome to B&B. Looks like a good razor and hopefully you have found a good blade match for it. When you say awesome, I assume you meant the shave it gives you.
I usually do a 2 pass shave and can get a DFS. With the Timeless razor I can do a 1 pass shave and my face is very presentable for work.
Having spent that amount of folding green on a razor I would want to do a 3-pass shave daily and look very sharp for work or play.:001_302:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

THE COUNT OF MERKUR CRISTO AVATAR - 1.jpg

Welcome aboard and you sir are a man of great taste in razors! Jump over to the Safety razor section and share your thoughts.

Top Bottom