What's new

4 rescales in one night...

So I'm so tired I didn't even bother cleaning them up before pics... Never doing that again.... My kirinite piece has a hairline crack in it... Dunno where that came from... Stabilized it with CA then sanded over... Will probably redo that scale side at a later date

1. Genco no guard translucent blue
2. Picard French razor in buffalo black horn (I must admit I bought this razor bc I'm a Star Trek fan)
3. Wapienca or "wapi" in white kirinite... There's a groove in the middle that I put it... Can't be seen in the pics
4. Wade and butcher in honey horn....

Not going to do that again.... 2 max per day from now on... not my best work but these weren't really serious razors just trying to get through some material and low priority razors

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386064655.048785.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386064664.248912.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386064754.162476.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386064739.864448.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work. Maybe we should have a thread in here for non-hobbyist to post their work.

You seem to be pumping them out quite fast, I'd say slow down if you start finishing them "just to get them out of the way". If its worth doing...

Then again its very nice work once again! (and very nice photography). What kind of lightbox setup do you have? I have a homemade-ish one that I made but only have 1 lamp that isn't powerful enough to lit it up.

Nice work. Maybe we should have a thread in here for non-hobbyist to post their work.

You seem to be pumping them out quite fast, I'd say slow down if you start finishing them "just to get them out of the way". If its worth doing...

Then again its very nice work once again! (and very nice photography). What kind of lightbox setup do you have? I have a homemade-ish one that I made but only have 1 lamp that isn't powerful enough to lit it up.

It's because I have people like mark who's in my ear saying 4 in one night... U can do it! That I thought I would give it a go... Never again... If u saw my stack of razors that need to rescales u would flip... About a year ago I bought one of those 30+ razor lots for about 150 bucks pretty much for 1 or two razors (a mint OC aristocrat in box) but most of the straights in that lot had broken scales or scales beyond repair... This past month I had a ton of days off and worked mornings mostly. So I had a lot of time to rescale... I know I have to get a lot done on months like that because months like December and January are way too busy at work for me to do much... So you'll see my production drop very shortly... :-(

I think the next razors I'm going to rescale I'm going to start the non hobbyist picture thread...

Last edited:
The W&B Honey Horn is a fine piece of workmanship!
The Picard and Wapi would look beautiful double pinned (not that they do not now - they do)

The picard is double pinned just hard to tell because the stainless washers are smaller than the brass ones... And I looked at putting double stacks on the wapi but it just looked weird because the wapi is so small.. The pattern I used for the scales didn't even use up half a blank!

As far as light box it's just one light and a reflector (white foam core) + Razors sit on a piece of poster board + years or wedding photography experience... The pics I take are mostly so I can see what's wrong with the razor so I can see what I need to improve on for next time... I post them up for feedback because sometimes I get so involved with something I can't step back and know if it's any good or heading the right direction..

The most time was spent in the wade and butcher... Took 4 hours sanding it the other night while watching tv

Last edited:
The picard is double pinned just hard to tell because the stainless washers are smaller than the brass ones... And I looked at putting double stacks on the wapi but it just looked weird because the wapi is so small.. The pattern I used for the scales didn't even use up half a blank!

As far as light box it's just one light and a reflector (white foam core) + Razors sit on a piece of poster board + years or wedding photography experience... The pics I take are mostly so I can see what's wrong with the razor so I can see what I need to improve on for next time... I post them up for feedback because sometimes I get so involved with something I can't step back and know if it's any good or heading the right direction..

The most time was spent in the wade and butcher... Took 4 hours sanding it the other night while watching tv

Yeah i've also noticed that taking picture of them seems to show the slightest imperfections! I think you're definitely going in the right direction. Its all a matter of taste to that level :)

If you create a non-Hobbyist hobbyist thread I'll try to post some of my recent restores as well (just need to get the light-box out to have some semi-decent pictures!).

I still need to get around to making a key-chain straight razor style but I think my next few weeks are already going to be quite busy!

... these weren't really serious razors just trying to get through some material and low priority razors...
Well if that's the case you should send them to me for proper disposal, I'd hate for these to be sitting around, not taking their razordom seriously enough. :w00t:

Top Bottom