What's new

4 of the 5 best 9mm Handguns on the planet are striker fired pistols

I like my striker fired 9mm (S&W). Each pull is consistent. However, I really enjoyed shooting the Beretta I used in the military. The first round was similar to my current pistol, but every shot afterwards was an easy squeeze of the trigger. Of course, it takes regular practice for either to be accurate.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

So the list from the article is: Glock 19, Sig P226, H&K VP9, S&W M&P, Springfield XD.
If I were making my own list of the 5 best 9mm handguns it would be: Glock 17, Beretta 92, Sig P226, CZ 75, Walther PPQ.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Yea, yea, and for my money, four out of the five “best” colors on the planet aren’t red! Clown should have used the word, “favorite” or perhaps “bestest” :) ... I mean, how can there be five “best” of anything?

That said, my FAVORITE 9mms on this planet are:
- FN Hi-Power
- Beretta 92-FC (Italian made, of course!)
- Sig P226 (West German)
- HK P7-series pistols (my absolute favorite, but maybe not the “best” on the planet)
- CZ-75 (some of the finest steel in the world)

And some favorite honorable mentions:
- Wartime P-38s (especially, Mausers) & their half-brothers, S&W Models 39 & 59
- HK’s VP9 & P30

Ad Astra

The Instigator
“You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter. Too much is the same as not enough. Without imitating anyone else, you should have as much weaponry as suits you.”
― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

There is no best. Shoot them all. Be proficient with anything you pick up.

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like my striker fired 9mm (S&W). Each pull is consistent. However, I really enjoyed shooting the Beretta I used in the military. The first round was similar to my current pistol, but every shot afterwards was an easy squeeze of the trigger. Of course, it takes regular practice for either to be accurate.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

My very first handgun I ever purchased, was a Beretta 92FS Centurion. Loved everything about that pistol EXCEPT the first pull of that 15 pound trigger. Traded it in 1989 for a Gen 2 Glock 19. Been brainwashed ever since. :)

Damn fanboy! :lol: I think the G26 and G43 should be on that list as well. :thumbup:

Lol'd. Pot calling the kettle black? ;) I agree with the G26 and G43 and would add the G20. :2guns:

So the list from the article is: Glock 19, Sig P226, H&K VP9, S&W M&P, Springfield XD.

Looks like @Claudel Xerxes pistol made the list! :)

OkieStubble

... I mean, how can there be five “best” of anything?

So, if you could only choose, to have one finger on each hand, which would you choose over your pointy finger?

Ever try picking your nose with your pinky? Ain't easy i can tell ya...

“You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter. Too much is the same as not enough. Without imitating anyone else, you should have as much weaponry as suits you.”
― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

There is no best. Shoot them all. Be proficient with anything you pick up.

Quit tryin' to poop on my party with sound wisdom and reasoning Mike!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So, if you could only choose, to have one finger on each hand, which would you choose over your pointy finger?

Ever try picking your nose with your pinky? Ain't easy i can tell ya...

Quit tryin' to poop on my party with sound wisdom and reasoning Mike!

(embarrassed grin) just saying! SIG. Glock. Beretta. Luger, 1911 or P-38; I'm just going to pick it up and fire it - hopefully well.

Anybody drops an AR, a Brown Bess or a sling; I can use that too. Just don't ask me to pick a razor or a soap. That's too hard.

AA

OkieStubble

(embarrassed grin) just saying! SIG. Glock. Beretta. Luger, 1911 or P-38; I'm just going to pick it up and fire it - hopefully well.

Anybody drops an AR, a Brown Bess or a sling; I can use that too. Just don't ask me to pick a razor or a soap. That's too hard.

AA

Lmao!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Looks like @Claudel Xerxes pistol made the list! :)

Darn tootin! :2guns: I've been shooting my VP9sk far more often than my VP9 for the past few months though. I have exactly 3000 rounds through my VP9 (purchased in March) and 2751 trough my VP9sk (purchased in July).

When I saw the thread title, those five were the exact five that I thought it would be. I don't have nearly the experience as many of you, but the only one that I'd change on the list is a Walther PPQ instead of the Springfield XD. Since I was so fresh into handgun shooting when I tried them, there's a chance that I might not have the same opinion if I shot them today.

Such list are too subjective. There is no "best". That would imply that the "best" would fit everyone's hand and style of shooting. Pick your gun, practice with it often to become proficient. Guns are like shaving gear: YMMV.

OkieStubble

Such list are too subjective. There is no "best". That would imply that the "best" would fit everyone's hand and style of shooting. Pick your gun, practice with it often to become proficient. Guns are like shaving gear: YMMV.

This kind of awesome common sense is a thread killer! Where are the people who like to argue when you need them?

;)

OkieStubble

Darn tootin! :2guns: I've been shooting my VP9sk far more often than my VP9 for the past few months though. I have exactly 3000 rounds through my VP9 (purchased in March) and 2751 trough my VP9sk (purchased in July).

When I saw the thread title, those five were the exact five that I thought it would be. I don't have nearly the experience as many of you, but the only one that I'd change on the list is a Walther PPQ instead of the Springfield XD. Since I was so fresh into handgun shooting when I tried them, there's a chance that I might not have the same opinion if I shot them today.

I agree on the PPQ. Wonderful trigger for a striker fired pistol. I just don't think I can get over that redundant grip safety of the XD.

This kind of awesome common sense is a thread killer! Where are the people who like to argue when you need them?

;)
Oh what the heck!!! All polymers suck and the best shooting 9mm I ever shot was a Dan Wesson in 9mm. When you shoot that thing the heavens open up, sunshine rains down on you, and the angels sing hymns of joy. There is nothing like it on the planet. If God needed to carry, this is the gun he would choose!!!

How's that for being argumentative and biased???

Top Bottom