Myself i have no clue about straight razors in general. But i do like mixed boar/badgers! I have the Vulfix Grosvenor 404. One of my favourite brushes because of the balance. I prefer it over my 2 Simpson badgers. Imagine that! I am probably the only one in the forum that would write such a thing, but what can you do. My cheek has its own opinions!@RumpleBearskin has awesome straights. I always enjoyed seeing them on the SR threads. Though I have to say I have no clue what that Rolls even is.
Brush is the Oumo badger-boar mix knot on the Charcoal Goods aluminum handle that I've really been enjoying - gives the splay of badger with the backbone of boar, if that makes any sense. Both were purchased on from B&B forum members. That and my horsehair are my two standbys.
Dear sir, my brief (failing) experience with GRUME, taught me this:I looked up a YouTube video of that Rolls. Crazy. I'm almost tempted to try one out - but QUADSAB rules!
1) Don't open emails from vendors.
2) Don't go to shaving supplies sites for...sightseeing.
3) Don't look at the "what did you purchase today" thread. Danger, danger, danger!
4) The less "SOTD" you look at, the better it is. Because you get strange ideas looking at others' photos. For instance, now that you spoke of boar/badger, in the back of my head, i have this idea...In the next QUADSAB to make an exception for a Semogue mixture... See how one innocent thing brings another and then it all becomes like an avalanche and before you know it you buy more?!
* Today's shave, features "The Cream Killer" horse. That's his new name. It eats the Proraso cream for breakfast. I tried to paint only. It worked, but lather thinner than my usual "swirly" lather. This brush absorbs a ton of water. I gave it a good shake, but it seemed to hold much water too.
In total, i have consumed about 8.5cm of Proraso cream reloading 1cm at a time, trying to make enough lather, while face lathering. Hence why the name "Cream Killer". I BARELY made it for the 3rd pass. The poor Proraso tube doesn't know what hit it. Fortunately, i am glad if i finish it quickly, so that i can open something new... If all my brushes were to eat so much soap at each shave, i wouldn't need to be in Sabbatical! Also, not being accustomed to "painting", i made a whole mess of myself and the bathroom floor. My wife saw me and said "are you only now learning how to shave? You made more mess than a 5 year old".
On the bright side, i feel like the Burundian Leonardo da Vinci! Finally i put the 16GB of RAM to good use! My best creation ever! I am impressed with myself!
Happy shaves, all!