What's new

3VE Maestri Boar Shaving Brush

Hello Fellow Shavers, I have come across this Maestri shaving brush which i am not familiar with the brand or quality of this brush/manufacturer. Since I am a Boar brush user and prefer the boar over the badger I am curious if any of you fellow shavers have come across this brand? or if you have any information on the brush I would immensely appreciate your comments and help. The only seller I could find here in Australia is very vague with the description and does not list the size or any dimensions of the knot and loft size.
Cheers, Tony

Attachments

• MSBB02_1.jpg
    MSBB02_1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 36
Hello Fellow Shavers, I have come across this Maestri shaving brush which i am not familiar with the brand or quality of this brush/manufacturer. Since I am a Boar brush user and prefer the boar over the badger I am curious if any of you fellow shavers have come across this brand? or if you have any information on the brush I would immensely appreciate your comments and help. The only seller I could find here in Australia is very vague with the description and does not list the size or any dimensions of the knot and loft size.
Cheers, Tony
I've never heard of it, but it sure looks like the faux-ivory Antica Barberia Mondial boar.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never heard of this brand of brush before. I don’t mind the look of it at all. If you finish up getting one I look forward to your review.

It's actually "3ME Maestri". A reputable Italian hair brush manufacturer.

OEM of their shaving brushes is "Pennellificio Pandolfo", which is more commonly known as "Zenith".

That brush in your attached photo is actually a Zenith 80B, which has a 26x64 knot.
zenith80b.jpg

"The Gentle Shave" and "Yourshaving" have a good range of Zenith brushes on their web-site, where you'll be able to find more information. You'll find a relevant thread on Zenith boar brushes here . According to this post, @Chan Eil Whiskers is a proud owner of this brush and he might be able to shed more light.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
"The Gentle Shave" and "Yourshaving" have a good range of Zenith brushes on their web-site, where you'll be able to find more information. You'll find a relevant thread on Zenith boar brushes here . According to this post, @Chan Eil Whiskers is a proud owner of this brush and he might be able to shed more light.

My brush in the post linked is a different brush. Mine's an unbleached boar.

Zenith.Unbleached.Boar.BrandNew.640.3-19-20.JPG

These are my two unbleached Zenith boars. Both are pictured brand new. I like both of them.

Both came from Your Shaving.​
9-14-20.Unbleached.Zenith.Wood.640.JPG

I have a good many bleached boar Zenith brushes and like them all. In the bleached boar I wouldn't buy a knot higher than 57 mm.

In the unbleached boar the taller knot is fine.

In my opinion the unbleached boar is a better knot, but the bleached Zenith boars are also stellar brushes (at 57 mm and lower).

The unbleached boars require some breaking in. The bleached, not so much.

Happy shaves,

Jim

It's actually "3ME Maestri". A reputable Italian hair brush manufacturer.

OEM of their shaving brushes is "Pennellificio Pandolfo", which is more commonly known as "Zenith".

That brush in your attached photo is actually a Zenith 80B, which has a 26x64 knot.
View attachment 1213613

Great explanation! Zenith is certainly well regarded!! :clap: :clap:

Top Bottom