What's new

3rd Tier GUN SHOW is coming to town!!!!

We haven't had much in the way of gun shows the past couple of decades because the big promoters stopped doing shows here due to lack of attendance. Over the past 2 years a smaller promoter has done 2 shows at a rinky-dink American Legion Hall nearby and they're due to have a third one the last weekend in March.

I went to the one 2 years ago while salad days were still in full swing. Very few gun vendors, very few long guns except a few FUDD pieces, handgun prices barely reasonable to freakin' silly, one ammo vendor, and no reloading components. Many vendors selling non-gun junk. Attendance was kind of low.

They had a second show in 2020 maybe around August or September and on Saturday morning there was a nut-to-butt line of mostly sketchy-looking people that stretched far out into the middle of the parking lot. I didn't even bother to pull in just kept driving.

One can only imagine what desperation and idiocy will be evident in 2 weeks.

Why "3rd Tier"? Two years ago they were 2nd Tier. Now that all hell has broken loose the big shows have demoted themselves to 2nd Tier and the former 2nd Tier shows have dropped to 3rd place.

Maybe I should take a couple of boxes of primers and sell them as I think now is the time to buy that solid gold bidet I've always wanted. :001_tongu

Drove past the venue this morning 15 minutes before opening time. Parking lot was completely full and parking out along the road is prohibited. A couple of small businesses that are located across the street have their parking lots barricaded.

The line waiting to get in stretched far back into the parking lot. I snapped a couple of quick photos from the road and kept driving. I had no intention of going in but didn't want to get stuck in the parking lot.

Because prices are horrendous (even during Salad Days)
Because of the risk of contracting COVID19 (our city is one of the state's worst hotspots)

Top Bottom