What's new

3P shaving cream

In another post I said Prep was like the old Noxzema on steroids. Well, 3P is like Prep on steroids. You gotta try this. The Walmart site had a great deal from WCS for $14.97. Maybe it'll come back.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Much better deal from Connaught, about $18 ex-VAT for 1000ml (about 900g), $26 and change delivered to my US address. At this price, ($26), it’s about $3.00/100g and about 4 cents a shave at 1.5g/shave.

Agree with @Juanmosey that it’s an excellent soap.

8D6A8B61-FA22-4224-ADFE-080C7D34EAB3.jpeg

Is this more like Cella? Doesn’t really look like a cream, so is it like a soft soap

I'd say it is a bit firmer than Cella when new, but if the lid is left off it turns into a hard soap.

3P is a really excellent performer, but I've read some seem to react unfavourably with it.

Steve56

Is that the same cream as in the jar?

Yes, but it seems a little harder, I have both. Maybe it’s a little harder because it’s in a bag Which isn’t exactly sealed up. I always thought the bricks, both Cella and 3P, performed a little better than the jars.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Is that the same cream as in the jar?

The 3P kilo brick has no camphor or peppermint oil that the jar cream has, they are different products. 3P in the jar is a pre/post shave product much like PREP.

I'm assuming this is what the OP is referring to...

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 9.56.35 PM.png

3P is a really excellent performer, but I've read some seem to react unfavourably with it.

The kilo brick croap uses benzaldehyde as part of the 'parfum', it's what gives the almond scent. Also can be very irritating to some.

@Juanmosey would you mind posting the ingredients list of your 3P?

Last edited:
The 3P kilo brick has no camphor or peppermint oil that the jar cream has, they are different products. 3P in the jar is a pre/post shave product much like PREP.

The kilo brick croap uses benzaldehyde as part of the 'parfum', it's what gives the almond scent. Also can be very irritating to some.

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum liquidum, camphor, glycerin, cetearyl, alcohol, ammonium hydroxide, sodium borate menthol, benzyl alcohol, methyl salicylate, parfum

Steve56

I'm assuming this is what the OP is referring to...

View attachment 1041118

I think that the OP in this thread is referring to this:

40D1A3E9-DA27-481B-863F-C43BA94E30BC.jpeg

His other thread was about Prep.

Steve56

It’s a good performing soap. I have a lot of Italian creams/soaps along with MdC, and never hesitate to reach for 3P. It’s a simple formula that’s similar - but not the same - as MdC. It’s plenty slick enough for straight razors and can build a thicker lather for the DE folk. It lathers easily and the lather does not dissipate. The PSF isn’t quite as good as SMN, ABC, or AdP, but if you’re using any AS at all it doesn’t matter.

It’s hard to argue with it’s performance at $18/1000ml ex-VAT, that’s about Arko cost.

Steve56

The OP mentioned a PREP comparison which is why I thought we were discussing the 3P pre/post product. At any rate, now I'm thoroughly confused. Not an uncommon state for me though...

The way they describe these two products is a bit confusing about the difference.

It’s a good performing soap. I have a lot of Italian creams/soaps along with MdC, and never hesitate to reach for 3P. It’s a simple formula that’s similar - but not the same - as MdC...
The price and simplicity is attractive. I'm surprised you compared it with MdC, I thought it was closer to Cella? How strong is the scent compared with Cella (I prefer low scent strength, BTW). Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else.

The price and simplicity is attractive. I'm surprised you compared it with MdC, I thought it was closer to Cella? How strong is the scent compared with Cella (I prefer low scent strength, BTW). Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else.

3P's ingredients are close to MdC -

3P -Stearic acid, water, cocos nucifera, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, parfum potassium carbonate.
MdC - Stearic Acid,Cocos Nucifera Oil, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Parfum(Except Nature)

Steve56

@zoidberg beat me to it. As a note, MdC IIRC, did not used to list glycerin or salt (sodium chloride). I suspect this is due to labeling changes and the MdC formula is unchanged. 3P does not contain tallow so it’s certainly more similar to MdC in that respect.

Scent strength is moderate, and goes to low once it’s aired out a few days. After a few months, it’s almost unscented.

Top Bottom