What's new

3ONE6 Versus Game Changer .84

Has Anyone Compared the Shave of the RazoRock Game Changer .84 to the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6?

I have the Game Changer in both the SB and OC and love them both.

I am interested in the Jagger because it is aesthetically pleasing, but want to know how it compares to the GC.

If you have shaved with both, please share your thoughts and experiences.
Thank you!

I had both and sold them on. From memory I think the 3ONE6 has neutral blade exposure whereas the .84 GC is slightly blade positive. I found the 3ONE6 to be more comfortable because of that but I prefer neutral blade exposure anyway. Efficiency wise both about the same IIRC.

The thin handle is an odd choice I thought but that's personal preference. Does seem a tad expensive though if one is going to change the handle.

Quality wise for a sintered SS head, the 3ONE6 is as good as it gets. It's up there with the Feather AS-D2.

I'd think if you like the GC .84 you will like the 3ONE6, just consider the blade exposure difference.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@Cal measured his RR GC .84-SB and found that, contrary to the advertising, it has neutral blade exposure:

The GC 0.84-SB is an excellent razor. In my opinion, you will find razors that shave differently, are milder or more aggressive, of have a different face and hand feel but, if you optimize your technique (as @Cal did) for the GC .84, you will get excellent shaves.

Just my opinion. :)

Today I experienced EJ316 and GC84 side by side. I use same blade GP(1) in both razors. Two passes gave me an excelent shave.
GC84 is one very small notch less aggressive. In general GC and 316 shaves, are similar. With 316 you feel the blade, GC has a little bit less blade feeling.
Both can be used daily (YMMV).
GC84 seems a bit more user friendly :001_rolle .
gcvs316.jpeg

I only have the 3one6 out of these two, but it's one of my best shavers. Always a very close, comfortable shave. I like razors with a large blade gap and neutral blade exposure as they seem to work best for me. The thinner handle took some getting use to, but now I like it.

@Cal measured his RR GC .84-SB and found that, contrary to the advertising, it has neutral blade exposure:

The GC 0.84-SB is an excellent razor. In my opinion, you will find razors that shave differently, are milder or more aggressive, of have a different face and hand feel but, if you optimize your technique (as @Cal did) for the GC .84, you will get excellent shaves.

Just my opinion. :)
Mine also appears to have neutral blade exposure, which makes the razor very forgiving and comfortable, while still being effective for me. I believe that the thick top cap makes the blade exposure neutral and partially offsets that .84 blade gap.

I have compared these razors. Specifically the GC OC vs the 3one6. They shave differently. But produce almost identical shaves in my hands. Maybe, the 3one6 is slightly closer.

I love them both. The GC is a very classic styled razor.

The 3one6 that I bought (with blue handle) is a light weight nimble razor. Beautiful. It has a thin head and is very maneuverable. It has a ridged safety bar that slightly pulls your skin for a closer shave. This works well, but does not then feel as smooth.

Top Bottom