What's new

3ONE6 Initial Experience

Hello,

I had my first shave with the all steel knurled Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 razor and it was a very good experience. No pixie dust and unicorn tears, but very good.

Like anything new some aspects will take some getting used to. My initial thought was that the handle was a bit thinner than I care for, but it isn't severe and I can see myself getting used to it easily.

The shave was very efficient and slightly more aggressive than my standard Edwin Jagger DE89. I got a couple of weepers with a Feather razor where I normally get none, maybe I will try a Gillette Yellow blade tomorrow.

Off to work now...

The aluminium handle I guess will be milder.

Is the head similar to the R89?

Thanks
I have a difficult time comparing razor heads, but based on how it shaves with a certain blade, I would say yes it is similar yet not the same. The 3one6 is a bit more aggressive but still in the “89” family if that makes any sense?

I have a difficult time comparing razor heads, but based on how it shaves with a certain blade, I would say yes it is similar yet not the same. The 3one6 is a bit more aggressive but still in the “89” family if that makes any sense?
Would you post a picture of the head with a blade loaded so we can get an idea of gap and blade exposure; thanks.

Congratulations on the new razor and thank you for the review!

I would also love to see how you get along with it in the next shaves.

Enjoy! :)

Day 2: Today I got two weepers and one bleeding nick on my first pass. I was not happy. This was using a Feather blade on its second shave. Normally I get very good, trouble free shaves with my DE89 so I am somewhat concerned with this 3one6. After the first pass I switched to a Gillette Yellow and finished the shave, but my confidence had already been shaken for this morning’s shave. I hope and pray that tomorrow will be a better experience.

I am not knocking Edwin Jagger products, you’d have a fight on your hands if you tried to take my barley handle DE89, but this 3one6 may just be too aggressive for me. A fine razor, but maybe just not suitable for me.

I won’t give up on the 3one6 after only two shaves, but it better connect pretty quickly. The DE89 and I hit it off right away and I was hoping for the same here.

I really don’t want to sound discouraging because this razor may just be the best thing since sliced bread for many; I am just trying to report my initial user experiences.

I really want to like this razor so will give it some more time.

Day 2: Today I got two weepers and one bleeding nick on my first pass. I was not happy. This was using a Feather blade on its second shave. Normally I get very good, trouble free shaves with my DE89 so I am somewhat concerned with this 3one6. After the first pass I switched to a Gillette Yellow and finished the shave, but my confidence had already been shaken for this morning’s shave. I hope and pray that tomorrow will be a better experience.

I am not knocking Edwin Jagger products, you’d have a fight on your hands if you tried to take my barley handle DE89, but this 3one6 may just be too aggressive for me. A fine razor, but maybe just not suitable for me.

I won’t give up on the 3one6 after only two shaves, but it better connect pretty quickly. The DE89 and I hit it off right away and I was hoping for the same here.

I really don’t want to sound discouraging because this razor may just be the best thing since sliced bread for many; I am just trying to report my initial user experiences.

I really want to like this razor so will give it some more time.
Thanks for sharing your experience!
This is exactly one of the reasons I canceled my 3ONE6 order, as I read similar stories fom other users.
I will stick with my Feather AS-D2 which is perfect with a Feather blade. That together with My Rockwell 6S and Occams’s OREN, I have what I need...

Day 3: I am struggling with how to relate my 3one6 razor experience without sounding overly negative, but it just isn't going well for me. I changed two things today: 1. I changed out the handle to my EJ barley handle. This gave me more confidence and control over the 3one6 head. I really do find the 30ne6 handle too narrow. 2. I used a different blade; a a red Israeli.

I am a competent enough shaver that I generally don't nick myself or even get a weeper unless I am careless. So when I shave and draw blood my response is usually, "Hmm, that doesn't happen very often. Don't take the blade for granted." However, when I draw blood three days in a row there is something more going on here. Yes, I nicked myself again this morning.

Overall the shaves have been good, discounting nicks of course, but the razor is definitely a bit more aggressive than the DE89. I can feel "heat" in a few areas where I normally didn't feel anything before, but the razor is more aggressive by design so I can't fault it for that.

I may go electric for a day or two to let my face recover. We shall see.

Top Bottom