What's new

3M lapping film in Europe?

Time to order more lapping film. I need the whole set, which in 3M goes by following micron sizes: 30, 12, 9, 5, 3, 1. Then there is the 0.3u which I don't use and still have couple of sheets left.

I would order straight away from Cousins UK but I found that the 1u film (light green) is obsolete(!?), only abrasive backed version is available.

Cable Monkey (in UK) has some lapping film, but I have no clue if it is comparable to 3M film, which is certainly trustable quality. Anybody tried that?

And then there is Ebay. I guess it would be ok to order from Hong Kong or China, albeit the delivery will probably take time. Two options seems to be available, 1 and 2, but are these really 3M film, does anybody have any experience on them?

And then there is US shops, but I estimate the shipping fees will not be as cheap (i.e. free) as from Chinese/Hong Kong merchants in Ebay.

It's adhesive backed, not abrasive.

I bought some last year when I started honing, and stuck the 1 micron to one side of an acrylic tile I was using.
Worked for me at the time.
It actually might work if you don't peel the film off that protects the adhesive. Can't remember if I tried that or not.

Sorry can't help with alternatives.

Top Bottom