What's new

3D printed double edge safety razor

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Part one is done. Nice definition on the knurls. Looks a bit large. Moving on to the other parts now.

2020-09-02 11.26.42.jpg

QUOTE "bicapitate"
My uncle tried it yesterday for the first time and I was surprised when he told me it actually shaved and it’s not that bad.

Hi. I’m the uncle who challenged bicapirate to design and “print” this 3D safety razor prototype. I have been in wet shaving my whole life and let me tell you that it works excellent and it is very, very good (not “it’s not that bad” as he wrote).
I used it with Proraso soap and an Astra superior platinum blade and had a smooth and gentle shave. No pulling or tugging at all and an excellent result WTG first pass. The exposure of the tabs seems fine to me as it permits the soap to run under the blade and it makes it easier to shave. And it is very easy to clean as it doesn’t have any holes where to hide soap and hair. Thanks bicapirate for having accepted this challenge that I know you put much brain into it. For those of you who have 3D printers, give it a try it is worth it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
QUOTE "bicapitate"
My uncle tried it yesterday for the first time and I was surprised when he told me it actually shaved and it’s not that bad.

Hi. I’m the uncle who challenged bicapirate to design and “print” this 3D safety razor prototype. I have been in wet shaving my whole life and let me tell you that it works excellent and it is very, very good (not “it’s not that bad” as he wrote).
I used it with Proraso soap and an Astra superior platinum blade and had a smooth and gentle shave. No pulling or tugging at all and an excellent result WTG first pass. The exposure of the tabs seems fine to me as it permits the soap to run under the blade and it makes it easier to shave. And it is very easy to clean as it doesn’t have any holes where to hide soap and hair. Thanks bicapirate for having accepted this challenge that I know you put much brain into it. For those of you who have 3D printers, give it a try it is worth it.
Welcome! I have a friend who has a 3D printer. I will see if he can make me one!

What are the approx. cost to print it? I know someone who has a 3D printer so maybe he can print 1 for me.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
The design is really great. The sliding cap fixing method reduces many traditional DE screw problems.

Very envious.

Top Bottom