What's new

3D printed AC-style razor?

Has anyone seen/used/made one? I know that the TNNSER is out there for GEM-style blades, but I haven’t seen anything for a print that will use artist club blades.

Funny you should ask. I designed a razor to take Injector blades. You have to hand load. So it is not an Injector.
I designed this 4 years ago but put it aside until a few weeks ago. I made a few tweaks to be able to print it.

I have 2 shaves in with it so far. I am waiting for some magnets to finish it proper. After I have it tested out by friends. I will decide if it is worth putting out there. FYI I am the guy who designed the TNNSER. You can see a few unassailable ones in the background.
Tom
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
That 3D Injector looks awesome. The TNNSER one does, too, but this one doesn‘t make think if it’s an homage to Blade Runner or a Wagner opera.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No I don’t think so. It was just an exercise to make as compact head Injector type razor as possible.

Although it would be a very simple mod to the files to do it.
Well my friend, you are quite gifted, it looks like to me!

Funny you should ask. I designed a razor to take Injector blades. You have to hand load. So it is not an Injector.
I designed this 4 years ago but put it aside until a few weeks ago. I made a few tweaks to be able to print it.

I have 2 shaves in with it so far. I am waiting for some magnets to finish it proper. After I have it tested out by friends. I will decide if it is worth putting out there. FYI I am the guy who designed the TNNSER. You can see a few unassailable ones in the background.
Tom
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
Tom, that’s the coolest non-injector razor using injector blades that I ever saw!

What type of magnets would you use to hold the blade sufficiently tight?

Tom, that’s the coolest non-injector razor using injector blades that I ever saw!

What type of magnets would you use to hold the blade sufficiently tight?
Jim

I just got them yesterday. All glued in. They are Neodymium magnets. 1/4”x1/8”x 1/16” thick. I use 2 one on cap and one on the base. They have 1 lb of force. It works pretty good. Mind you the 2 fingers also have some friction fit. So there is no possibility of it coming apart.

I will go grab the razor and take some pictures. Be back in a few.

Tom

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Here are some pictures. The magnets will pull together from an inch away. I will be having my 3rd shave tonight with it.

It is a very efficient shave. Lots of blade feel but not harsh at all.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Very interesting concept Tom with the magnets, you amaze me with your different razor concepts.:yikes: :thumbsup:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Thank you.
Love doing it.
Awesome work. I printed a Tnser a while back and never quite got the top cap to fit right. I need to revisit that at some point. I have a good printer if you want me to test print anything for you. Cheers.

Awesome work. I printed a Tnser a while back and never quite got the top cap to fit right. I need to revisit that at some point. I have a good printer if you want me to test print anything for you. Cheers.
Try adding 2%to the cap. That seems to help sometimes. Also how you lay it out. I will take some pictures for you later.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Try adding 2%to the cap. That seems to help sometimes. Also how you lay it out. I will take some pictures for you later.
I printed this and just moved on to other projects. I'll print out a new top cap tomorrow and see how it goes. This was a test print on a new printer before I got it dialed in. I can do better now. Thanks.

Resized_20200602_221244.jpeg

Here are some pictures. The magnets will pull together from an inch away. I will be having my 3rd shave tonight with it.

It is a very efficient shave. Lots of blade feel but not harsh at all.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Tom, that is fascinating! So it’s two magnets holding the cap tight and the pins to align. It sure looks slim compared to the bunny. How is it finding the proper angle? I’m guessing you either find it or you don’t.

Jim
It is easy to find the angle. Lots of blade exposure. I sat it is definitely more aggressive than the Bunny. Not harsh at all. I get no feedback from my Aluminum block.

Top Bottom