What's new

3D printed AC-style razor?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
What is "the Bunny"?
It's one of Tom White production razor models that uses the Schick blade with interchangeable heads for aggression and efficiency that went to Version #3 I believe.
Just type in "Bunny razor" on google and it should get you the information you would want.
Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I reprinted the TNNSER top cap. Had to bump it up to 103%, and do quite a bit of filing. But it fits pretty decent now. I may reprint the baseplate again. As I mentioned, the original print was a test print prior to dialing in a new printer. I think I can make it have tighter tolerances now. It does look like it has a massive blade gap. But that may just be an optical illusion. I ran it across my arm a couple of times, and it shaves hair. :) Sorry for the hijack. And sorry for the big photos. But its 3D printing relevant. Cheers fellas.

2020-06-03 11.46.43.jpg

2020-06-03 11.46.57.jpg

2020-06-03 11.52.16.jpg

Attachments

• 2020-06-03 11.46.49.jpg
    2020-06-03 11.46.49.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 4
D

dangerousrazor

I reprinted the TNNSER top cap. Had to bump it up to 103%, and do quite a bit of filing. But it fits pretty decent now. I may reprint the baseplate again. As I mentioned, the original print was a test print prior to dialing in a new printer. I think I can make it have tighter tolerances now. It does look like it has a massive blade gap. But that may just be an optical illusion. I ran it across my arm a couple of times, and it shaves hair. :) Sorry for the hijack. And sorry for the big photos. But its 3D printing relevant. Cheers fellas.

View attachment 1108633

View attachment 1108631

View attachment 1108630

Great! It looks much better finished than my TNNSER!

View attachment 1108633

View attachment 1108631

View attachment 1108630
You have some deflection in the cap. The edge should be in contact with the entire blade. Just check the tung and grooves. They might be deforming the cap.

I actually have to finish a few myself. I will document what I look for when fitting.

By the way great job. I wish I had a printer.

D

dangerousrazor

How does it shave?

My opinion below on TNNSER 3D

Thanks for creating such a great razor :)

The only complaint I have of the razor is that I cant get a better finished TNNSER 3D. I had the razor printed 2 times and all of them were very poorly finished compared to others' printed ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures. The magnets will pull together from an inch away. I will be having my 3rd shave tonight with it.

It is a very efficient shave. Lots of blade feel but not harsh at all.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Had a chance to test this razor out and can say it shaves somewhere between the white handle I and J injectors marked Eversharp Schick and Schick Safety Razor. Not the most aggressive injector I've ever used but it is up there.

Attachments

• 3dinjector.jpg
    3dinjector.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 9
D

dangerousrazor

Had a chance to test this razor out and can say it shaves somewhere between the white handle I and J injectors marked Eversharp Schick and Schick Safety Razor. Not the most aggressive injector I've ever used but it is up there.

I havent used I type but used Gs and Js. I think they are not aggressive at all. They feel middle in terms of aggressiveness. If the injector Tom has created shaves similar to G or J, I am sure I will enjoy it, too. Hope to see it 3d filed soon :)

Top Bottom