What's new

❄️🌧️366 Shaves 2024☀️🍁

I will give it a try. I may have some downtime in late January or early February due to a possible knee surgery, but I plan to shave every day. I have enough Bic Chrome Platinum blades for the upcoming year. My KCG razor is still good. I will have to replace soap, witch hazel, and alum as needed.

1. Leverspro.
2. Guido75
3. CKMaui
4. Submariner
5. awk_m4
6. BigJ
7. Dobric
8. Mike M
9. never-stop-learning
10. mcee_sharp
11. MaineYooper
12. Galactus
13.BobbyB

One more day of 2023 then we're into the year with 366 shaves. Reminder that shaving daily need not correspond directly with posting daily. Shaving daily is a better habit than posting daily and I for one will be weaning myself of the latter habit this year. Probably posting once a week. See you in 366 land next week.

One more day of 2023 then we're into the year with 366 shaves. Reminder that shaving daily need not correspond directly with posting daily. Shaving daily is a better habit than posting daily and I for one will be weaning myself of the latter habit this year. Probably posting once a week. See you in 366 land next week.
That is good to know, I shave as soon as I wake up, and then I start my day and post later in the day. Sometimes I just forget to post, as my day goes on and on and on...

+2! Great reminder!! The key is shaving daily (at least IMHO)!!

Well
Gentelman, I wish you all a Happy New Year, 366 smooth and nick free shaves.
I hope, this year, you will complete your New Year resolutions (3017 soaps and creams, get new gear from long waiting lists and so on)

I decided to go easy on fisrt shave this year

01/01/2023 24
Shave 001/001
Rockwell R2
Nacet (1)
Yaqi Silvertip
T&H Apsley
Nivea Hyaluron Balm

IMG_20240101_073912.jpg

I signed up last year but ended up having to skip one day on doctors orders because of a rash, so I'm not sure if that gave me a wildcard and made me pass.

If it didn't, I'd like to reinlist for 2024!
My best wishes to all participants, shave on!

full

1. Leverspro.
2. Guido75
3. CKMaui
4. Submariner
5. awk_m4
6. BigJ
7. Dobric
8. Mike M
9. never-stop-learning
10. mcee_sharp
11. MaineYooper
12. Galactus
13. BobbyB
14. Omega48
15. Roedeer
16. Trollky
17. Ron R
18. Shaun asleep

1. Leverspro.
2. Guido75
3. CKMaui
4. Submariner
5. awk_m4
6. BigJ
7. Dobric
8. Mike M
9. never-stop-learning
10. mcee_sharp
11. MaineYooper
12. Galactus
13. BobbyB
14. Omega48
15. Roedeer
16. Trollky
17. Ron R
18. Shaun asleep
19. rudygu
20. SM29

1 of 366
SOTD: 01/01/2024

Razor: Blackland Titanium Blackbird
Blade: Perma-Sharp , 4th use
Brush: Omega 011842 Jade
Bowl: Mugseco Custom Lather Bowl Bowl
Soap: MdC Rose Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia Aftershave
Additional Care: Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle
Additional Care: Dickenson’s WH

1704119748486.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I signed up last year but ended up having to skip one day on doctors orders because of a rash, so I'm not sure if that gave me a wildcard and made me pass.

If it didn't, I'd like to reinlist for 2024!
My best wishes to all participants, shave on!

full
To me that would still be all right but @Leverspro starts these threads he might have some guidelines. That is still amazing 364 days of continuous daily shaving. Next time if it bothers you could just shave a small area of your face where rash might not be! Post #1 tells me you made it to 365 because of sickness, the guidelines are there if I interpreted them correct.

Last edited:
Date01.01.2024
366 daily shaves
001/366

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle Rocca R94RK Stainless (4)Mühle Rocca R94
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Barrister + Mann Leviathan
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Consistency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (Highly consistent)9/10
(Red spot)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10
(DFS++)
10/10
(GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. What a great way to start 2024! A very relaxing and excellent shave with fantastic gear!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

And 2024 is off to a great shaving start. Smooth shave this morning with an Astra SP blade housed in my Rockwell T2 SS razor. Using a Merkur Futur Silvertip Badger brush, I lathered up some PAA Porthos shaving soap in a marble Beau Brummell bowl. A great lather quickly formed and applied to my face. The razor and blade took the day's growth down quickly with a WTG and then a ATG pass. After a rinse and feel of the face, I did a few touch up areas and another rinse before applying Aramis aftershave.
IMG_1009.jpeg

Top Bottom