What's new

365 Thanks in 2022

Happy 2022! I’ve not posted much lately but have enjoyed rummaging through B&B as I have been focused on other things in life. I always like to see what the month will bring (Avon April, SEptember, OctoBoar etc.). I’m going to unofficially attempt the 365 shaves in 2022 although realistically, that’s probably going to max out around 350ish shaves for me with travel plans. I also enjoyed a quick read through the recent threads on 2021 reflections.

As the New Year begins, I thought about what small contribution I might make to B&B and also how I might make this a better year. Inspired by the monthly, quarterly, and annual forum challenges, I came up with 365 days of Thanks. In this “challenge” we strive to stop and think about at least one thing we are thankful for in a day. We can choose to post about it (which would keep the thread going for the year and that would be awesome) or not. Posts can be extensive or even a single word like Sunrise, Faith, smiles, fluffernutters—whatever. But whatever it is, it should be something we’ve stopped to actually think about—in that moment or later—and be thankful.

So today, as we start 2022, I am very thankful for my wife and two children. My oldest will start High School this year and there will be several milestones in 2022 in our family. So that’s a big one and an obvious one—tomorrow, it might be some sunshine (basically rained all week). Here's to a good year of thanks!

Happy new year! I think could only commit to 300 shaves in a year. However I generally read my daily meditation prior to hopping into the shower so I'm generally in an attitude of gratitude when I start shaving.

Had a difficult situation (in which Mrs. Carpe and I were on opposite sides :eek2: ). Very thankful that it resolved well yesterday. It was a great reminder that I need to trust rather than try to control!

So many folk miss the early day start. Crisp with frost, sun just coming up. The first breath outside fresh, beautiful even of you have to go to work.
I'm shaved and off to my day before the sun comes up, so looking forward to longer days.

If honesty is as virtuous as thankfulness, then I'd have to say that today I'm thankful that there are certain people that I will not have to talk to. :concern:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm thankful for my multitude of really close friends here on Badger and Blade. Just having a place to BE is more important than you non-retired folks can imagine.

You folks make me feel like I need to be somewhere.

I'm thankful for my multitude of really close friends here on Badger and Blade. Just having a place to BE is more important than you non-retired folks can imagine.

You folks make me feel like I need to be somewhere.
Just starting to make friends here, I hope. And I’ve been absent from this thread for a bit due to work and family, but I sincerely enjoy the interaction, conversation, and The experience and knowledge shared so freely here, in a most-gentelmanly fashion. So I’m thankful for my health, the health of my family and friends, for a 26 years at a job I still love, and for an open forum to discover my newest hobby/daily chore. Thanks, Y’all!

Curly

Today I’m thankful for coffee and old Gillettes. Started my day with one, before the tidal wave of work hit. Ended my day with the other, enjoying 30-quiet minutes of “me time”, ignoring the rest of the world while I focused on getting the best shave I could get given my lack of skill.

6FDC559E-936D-4756-97DF-D263DD15EFC2.jpeg

It was a pretty good shave….

Curly

Today I’m still thankful for coffee and vintage Gillettes, plus grandchildren. Our oldest started driving today and came to visit us. Won’t be long and he’ll inherit a great shaver! Hope I’ve developed my skill set enough to teach him to use it. Today’s was a 1936 Gillette Aristocrat. Great shave for a piece of almost 100-year old antiquated technology.

2522C8B9-A58F-4C10-9724-8FE9BA1BCAAA.jpeg

Just found this thread. Today I’m thankful for my adult son I’m visiting in NW Arkansas. He has a lovely family & he is a good man.

Top Bottom