What's new

🌕🌗 365 shaves in 2022🌓🌕

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20220815
365 Shaves in 2022: 227 of 227 = 100%
Razor: Karve Brass SB-G (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Vault EdT Spray
20220815_204627~2.jpg

Superb Shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11889383

Last edited:
decided to keep this Ti .68 OC around was planning on moving on but I just love it to much and so comfy and great shave with the best audio feedback of all my razors :)

For sure makes me want to more back and forth with the Wolfman but I think this is why maybe just keep both and try not to decide and enjoy both :)

do want to try to trade off my other 68 plates and get a 95 to try though

still IMHO one of the best looking razors
nacet was on its 4th and last shave !

I do think the PAA works well but not quite what my SV does and the downside for me not sure if its the hard water or what but leaves that white film on my handles and inside the bowl not a huge deal wipes out easy enough but do not like that :) hhahahahah the neat freak side of me says NO so its going in the bin of misfits which is growing which for me is OK so I get more narrowed down to the things I love the most
C73463B3-FDD5-4D6D-AE7D-CB5F042078C8.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
228 of 228
Tiger Week shave#2

IMG_20220816_223619.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Platinum(1)
Soap: TFS RasoZero Agrumella
Brush: Semogue 1305

Tonight decided to test the Tiger Platinum with the same setup as last night to test the difference between the platinum and the stainless blades.
The shave was an improvement over last night, I think this blade is smoother than the stainless, there was less irritation though the soap did not appear to perform any better and I had to re-lather for each of my 3 passes. There was little sting from the Kolonya tonight.
Back to the stainless tomorrow night.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Date:17.08.2022 Warpsmooth Wednesday
Focused participations:17/31 Days in GRUME (54.84% completed, still in!)
227/229 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Tiger Week (1)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Mühle R41
Blade:Gillette 365 (6)
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Soap:The Alpha Men 2.0
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:New Floïd's The Genuine (A/S)
Executive Man (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
Touch up ATG (N-S) | Alternating Gillette Slant
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:8.5/10 (One tiniest of weepers)
Comfort:10/10 (Super comfortable)
Effectiveness:9.5/10 (BBS)

Notes to this shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11890327

Shave #229 of 365 for 2022 Deo Volente.
The vintage blade is going to be hard for me to give up. So smooth. The APShave G5B is a very stiff and dense synth, very different than the normal plush, soft feel of synths. The chill of Stirling was perfect for the start of a super warm Summer day.
Imagepipe_23.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, August 17th 2022, #229 of 229 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021 1st qtr, excellent mid range, will shave with almost any blade I have very well, well designed from 316 SS, easy to work under the nose area, good also for steep or shallow approach + very enjoyable to use.
Blade : Gillette Polsilver SI(2) sharp and smooth with good longevity. I cork once on a new blade that I have find it smooths it out. Iridium coating is a very hard element to strengthen the blade edge.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice fragrance with some lemon or citrus scent added + excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A. to make their soap line.
Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel cleanse of beard +Musketeer rapier AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Polsilver SI blade.
SOTD August 17 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
229 of 229
Shark Week shave#3

IMG_20220817_115317.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Superior Stainless(2)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight for the second shave with the Tiger SS I upgraded the soap to RR Emperor. I kept the Rockwell as it usually gives great shaves and seems to work with the two tiger blades.
The shave was much better than the first one with this blade, there was no irritation and although I didn't quite end up with a BBS it was still a great shave. The problem was obviously the Agrumella soap which just wasn't slick enough.
Tomorrow the Tiger Platinum will get the same treatment.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 229 of 229 = 100%
Razor: Swing DE (Sweden) (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Vault EdT Spray
20220817_144232~2.jpg

Superb Shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11891502

Wednesday 17th August, shave #229

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet Stainless #9
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Gave myself Wednesday off from 3017ing MWF, for a midweek SV treat. Took my time, and got a good near-BBS.

SV is the best soap I've tried so far. Is there anything that beats it for performance and non-irritation?

Date:18.08.2022 Tamed Thursday
Focused participations:18/31 Days in GRUME (58.06% completed, still in!)
228/230 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Tiger Week (1)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:King C. Gillette
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (2)
Brush:Omega Super Badger
Soap:Haslinger Sandelholz
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:New Floïd’s The Genuine (A/S)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
ATG (N-S) | Alternating Gillette Slant
Efficiency:7/10 (25 minutes)
Quality:8/10 (Small weeper that disappeared on me)
Comfort:10/10 (Super comfortable)
Effectiveness:7/10 (DFS)

Notes for today’s shave: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11891802

Top Bottom