What's new

🌕🌗 365 shaves in 2022🌓🌕

Shave #222 on the year. Nice fruity soap for a fine Summer day. This boar is fussy. Needs to be loaded from a tub (not a scooped sample) and needs to lather in a bowl (not straight to face) or it runs out after first pass.
Imagepipe_12.jpg

Ethos 2nd use figuring this soap/water ratio out

looking forward to more shaves with this soap and comparing to my current top two SV and Caties Bubbles so far it beats my other artisan soaps PAA, DG, B&M etc.. of course I have that new Seaforth I have not tried yet :)
so yeah 2nd use of Ethos impressed me !!!!

IMG_6055.JPG

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
222 of 222
IMG_20220810_111947.jpg

Razor: Yaqi DLC SB (with Muhle R41 handle)
Blade: Personna Platinum(12)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Semogue 1305

Tonight I changed the handle on the DLC to the R41 handle as it is much lighter than the plated brass one that came with it. I found that the change made a great difference to the performance of the razor, it was more nimble and felt better and less kluncky than usual.
The result another near BBS and an enjoyable shave. I am just wondering now what it would feel like to use an R89, I may have to look into adding one to the collection.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 222 of 222 = 100%
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Geo. F. Trumper Eucris
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20220810_151904~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11882211

Wednesday 10th August, shave #222

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Used the mild Game Changer, for an easy DFS. Treated myself to SV, a mid-week break from using up the MWF. There's 40g left, according to the scale, but a lot of that must be absorbed water.

Tonight I changed the handle on the DLC to the R41 handle as it is much lighter than the plated brass one that came with it. I found that the change made a great difference to the performance of the razor, it was more nimble and felt better and less kluncky than usual.

It's amazing how much difference the right handle makes. I swapped my Game Changer from its Bulldog handle to a shorter, lighter one, and it transformed its agility.

Date:11.08.2022 Tech Thursday
Focused participations:11/31 Days in GRUME (35% competed, still in and holding on)
220/223 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Gillette Flat Bottom Tech
Blade:King C Gillette (7)
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Soap:TGS Amber Fougere
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
King C. Gillette Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Gillette Slide
ATG (S-N) | Mostly Straight
Light touch ups
Efficiency:7/10 (25 minutes)
Quality:7/10 (Two tiny weepers)
Comfort:8/10 (Very light redness on the neck)
Effectiveness:8.5/10 (DFS+)

Notes from today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11882323

Excellent shave today! And for the first time I shaved two-handed (left with left and right with right).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, August 11 2022, #223 of 223 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor : Yaqi Chrome Mercury head with Yaqi chromed Aluminum hexagon handle- Mfg 2022, mild to tame mid range, well built, very nice finish of chrome on the Zamak alloy, easy to find narrow sweet spot. Yaqi claims it for beginners? and I would just say mildish to tame mid range. Excellent shave this morning with this New Yaqi razor head design.
Blade : Gillette Polsilver iridium (1) sharp & smooth with great longevity, I always cork 1once with these new blades because of coating. Nice blade for myself.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, excellent cream with a nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Robin 24mm bore bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, great scrubber + good lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless). excellent balm.
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Chrome Mercury razor with a Polsilver blade.
SOTD August 11 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 223 of 223 = 100%
Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino, Pewter Crown, Bog Wood Handle (Hand-tied 26mm 2-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20220811_125256~2.jpg

Superb top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11883113

Shave # 223

Brush: Leonidam “Furious “ 28mm HD Fan
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh F Base, just arrived today very nice 👍
Razor: Ti Blackbird
Post Shave: Ethos Greenfresh Skin Food Splash 💦

I have Ethos Greenfresh regular base but quit using it once F Base was released, so was excited when they finally released Greenfresh in F Base. The splash just takes it to another level.

C70103DE-FA99-415B-82F5-B49969D5D3AE.jpeg

Doug

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
223 of 223
IMG_20220811_224509.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Personna Platinum(13)
Soap: ZM Explorer
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with Bog Oak Handle

With the incredibly warm weather today I decided to pull out the Explorer tonight. Paired with the Kosmo it really was a pleasure face lathering with this soap. The razor tonight was the 6C, not the most exciting of razors but it really is a workhorse and just gets on with the job.
I was quite surprised to find myself with a BBS tonight but all in all a fantastic result.

Thursday 11th August, shave #223

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet Stainless #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Back to the .84 Game Changer, for a comfortable BBS. I think this gives my skin an easier time than the "mild" edition, since there's less need to run it over the same spot.

Date:12.08.2022 Razorine’s Revenge
Focused participations:12/31 Days in GRUME (38.7% competed, still in and holding on)
221/224 in 365 days of shaving (98.66%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Razorine Flatboy (70 handle)
Blade:Gillette 365 (1)
Brush:Blue Aluminium Synthetic
Soap:Lavanda
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
King C. Gillette Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Gillette Slide
ATG (S-N) | Mostly Straight
Light touch ups
Efficiency:7/10 (25 minutes)
Quality:6/10 (Three weepers)
Comfort:8/10 (minor redness on the neck)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

Excellent shave and the Flatboy showed what an excellent effective yet smooth razor it is.

Notes from todays shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11883691

Top Bottom