Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: AP Shave Co White (26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock Black
Aftershave: RazoRock Black
Fragrance: Classic Match Vault
20220525_223744~2.jpg

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11783426

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
146 of 146
An old friend returns shave#3

IMG_20220526_210209.jpg

Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: Schick(3)
Soap: TFS RasoZero Agrumella
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight after a warm evening I didn't fancy the Palmolive so I turned to the next soap on my 3017 list Agrumella. It has a lemony/limey scent that I quite like. Some of my previous shaves with this have been disappointing so I decided to go with the 3017 mantra "Use more product". After a long loading and a short bowl lather I got a good consistency and lathered up.
The shave felt good and was highly enjoyable. I like this razor/blade combination and although I needed a clean-up pass on my neck to get a near BBS finish. I'll have to think about changing to a slightly more aggressive razor, but I am still enjoying this one so I may leave it for a couple more shaves.

Thursday 26th May, shave #146
40%, or ⅖ of the year done.
████████████████████

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, KCG #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Got a comfortable BBS from this combination.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220526 Shave #2
365 Shaves in 2022: 144 of 146 = 98.6%
Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight Razor
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProSoft Guard (2)
Brush: AP Shave Co White (26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock Black
Aftershave: RazoRock Black
Fragrance: Classic Match Vault
20220526_215226~2.jpg

Decided to do a quick touch-up shave before bed. :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11783898

Shave #147

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Blade: Treet black beauty (4)
Brush: Simpsons chubby 1 best
Soap: MWF
Splash: Proraso red

Comment: Interesting experience with this blade. Great out of the wrapper, then faded by shave #3. Today, only 7.5/10. So if you want a ‘one and done blade’ this may be just the ticket!!

Hmm. I joined B&B in March of this year and missed this thread in 2021 obviously. Would it be ok to still join? I missed 1 day this year (or half a day to be precise while travelling).

I am definitely a daily shaver since becoming a DE shaver. I cannot do without my DFS/BBS start of the day 😎.

Cheers,

Guido

Mike M

147 of 147
An old friend returns shave#4

IMG_20220526_210209.jpg

Blade: Schick(4)
Soap: TFS RasoZero Agrumella
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight, after the good weather we had today, I went with the same set-up as yesterday, because the lemon scent felt summery. The Agrumella performs better when I load heavy as long as the lather is not too dry.
The shave was excellent, despite the finish only being a near BBS with this razor/blade combo I am enjoying it (you can have a good shave without getting a BBS).

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Here we go, my first shave for 365 shaves.
  • 28/31 days in GRUME May (90.32% completed and getting ready for the final laps - and boy am I resisting purchasing goodies!)
  • 147/148 days of shaving (99.32%)
Prep:KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Piccolo OC
Blade:Tiger Platinum (5)
Brush:Omega Black Badger
Cream:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso
Passes:WTG - Gillette Slide (NE-SW and E-W horizontal on the neck)
W/XTG - Gillette Slide (NW-SE and S-N on the neck)
X/ATG - Slightly slanted (SW-NE)
ATG - Slightly slanted (S-N and W-E horizontal on the neck).
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Rating:8.0/10 BBS

Extended notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11785351

Have a Great day everyone.

Guido

Mike M

@Mike M Lots of us participate in multiple threads every week. I've never tried an SV soap. Where would you recommend I start?
My current favourite SV soap is 70th Anniversary, a nice summery scent that has become my favourite ever since I acquired Clinique Happy for Men the scents are amazingly similar.
Before that it was tonight's offering Opuntia, SVs tribute to Creed Adventus.
The lather is excellent and the post shave is second to none.

Shave #148

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Blade: Personna Mysteree (1)
Brush: Shavemac beagle (fan)
Soap: Fine platinum
Splash: Fine platinum

Comment: Good shave, not great, shave as these blades are a bit ‘rough’ out of the wrapper. Now the question is will this blade ‘settle down’ after a shave or two (like the last one)?

@Mike M interesting on the opunita as I love creed aventus smell
I do have the 70th and almost used it today but switched at the last minute for the doppelgänger :) funny enough

View attachment 1463294
If you like the Creed Aventus scent TheAlphaMen 2.0 might be an option for you also. Hand made from Italy.

It is a harder soap - not a puck but also not a cream like Proraso. Likes a bit of blooming. And lathers like crazy. When I use my Razorock Plissoft Aluminium I get enough lather for two full shaves 😁.

Cheers,

Guido

Mike M

148 of 148
An old friend returns shave#5

IMG_20220528_131426.jpg

Blade: Schick(5)
Soap: SV Opuntia
Brush: RR Beehive brush

Tonight, as it is SV Saturday I decided to use Opuntia, formerly my favourite soap although nowadays 70th Anniversary just beats it.
The shave was fantastic, so fantastic that after 3 passes I was so sorry it was over I lathered up for a fourth pass though I didn't need it. Pass number 4 was another XTG pass just for the sheer joy of it. When it was finished I was left with a BBS, not a surprise after 4 passes.
Finished with a splash of Old Spice, I don't care how much the Mrs thinks it smells like old man, it is the only A/S I started the year with that I would keep and not just because it was a gift from my son

Top Bottom