Blade:Dorco Titan (9)
Brush:Kox Blue Synthetic
Soap:TGS Sea Citrus
Bowl:Proraso
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Nivea (Balm)
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) | XTG (Gillette Slide) | ATG (usual)
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:9.5/10 (One or two spots)
Comfort:10/10 (GlideFest)
Effectiveness:9.5/10 (BBS)

I was looking forward to this shave for OCtober. And boy did it deliver. The Fatip is a wonderful razor and I am so in love with its design and simplicity. If I had to choose one razor I would really have a hard time picking the one, but my Piccolos definitely make the short list.

Ponderings to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11953815

258F7449-007F-4C43-8913-62289EFA9206.jpeg

Shave #277

Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (3)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Ever Ready 500
Soap: Tabac
Balm: Proraso White
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man

655109D8-8E81-4F3F-A533-8174032D0B45.jpeg

Mostly a quite pleasant shave. I have a scar on my neck that the blade caught on today. A small weeper than cleared as I finished shaving.

Indeed I do.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Reckon I will be doing a search with your name and tatara now :) hahahahaa
stalking time :) hahahaha

reckon will just have to get one and try (the tatara that is)

I want something a touch more lax than the Wolfman .95 more like the Timeless OC 68 or the GC 68/84 feel
my 1.15 wolfman is great but I cant use it more than a week without having to take a break as the irritation just builds and stays at to high a level for me and I love the 3 pass daily routine :)

Todays shave GC .68 today and WOW forgot how great that razor is the .68 was so so so comfy BUT for sure can feel my face growing a few hours later going to call this closeness as the efficiency to get to that clean good shave is easy this might be more like the scallop timeless if I remember and tomorrow will let me know more when I use that .68 timeless scallop

img_6193-jpeg.1532791

my brain dump on where I am at
I have to think some go through this mental process :) hahaahaha
if not OH I have bigger issues than I realize

My woflman 1.15 yeah to much for me daily a week later it catches up and is irritating so need to trade off for a .85 I reckon

wolfman .95 I can do daily sometimes I want a touch less blade feel for those sloppy shave days ?

timeless .68 OC is great have not tried the Timeless .95 bars but the 68 OC is back and forth with the Wolfman .95 in end comfort

timeless 68 straight bar efficiency lacks takes way to much buffing to get the last ones standing on my jaw line !

Timeless scallop in 68 I have is coming back in rotation ?

Pulled out the RR GC yesterday with the .84 and great shaver ! But the woflman has close to the same feel with the end result being superior :) so for those on a budget IMHO the RR are some of the best bang for buck razors made !

I did decide going to keep the GC kit and not sell so its out of my box of misfits my boy at 13 is going to need a razor soon enough and the GC 68 might be a great starter for him to start with

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
277 of 277
IMG_20221004_122352.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Astra SS (21)
Soap: TFS RasoZero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 26mm 2 band badger

Tonight the Agrumella was back again and the Moka-express is really putting a dent in it, I can see it forming day by day. I barely even notice the lemon scent nowadays bit I still can't wait to see the bottom of the tub.
Using the R41 made the blade more efficient and although not a BBS it was pretty close with just a little roughness under the jawline

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Reckon I will be doing a search with your name and tatara now :) hahahahaa
stalking time :) hahahaha

reckon will just have to get one and try (the tatara that is)

I want something a touch more lax than the Wolfman .95 more like the Timeless OC 68 or the GC 68/84 feel
my 1.15 wolfman is great but I cant use it more than a week without having to take a break as the irritation just builds and stays at to high a level for me and I love the 3 pass daily routine :)

Most of my posts on the razor probably refer to it as the Muramasa.

There are a lot of them, but a good many are in this list.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Tuesday 4th October, shave #277

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Al Handle, Astra SS #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Decided to try an Astra Blue (SS) again. "Corked" it, and used the mild Game Changer. The result was OK, a reasonably comfortable DFS+. I think corking helped with the "not quite as smooth as I'd like, sharper than I need" impression that these give on the first shave.

my 1.15 wolfman is great but I cant use it more than a week without having to take a break as the irritation just builds and stays at to high a level for me and I love the 3 pass daily routine

That's what I found, using the open comb GC .84 ATG. Didn't inflict any obvious user error, but the irritation built up after a few days.

Game Changers are great value for money. The GC.68 should make a perfect starter.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 275 of 277 = 99.3%
Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (4)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20221004_155318~2.jpg

A top tier kit and a superb top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11954858

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My woflman 1.15 yeah to much for me daily a week later it catches up and is irritating so need to trade off for a .85 I reckon

wolfman .95 I can do daily sometimes I want a touch less blade feel for those sloppy shave days ?

timeless .68 OC is great have not tried the Timeless .95 bars but the 68 OC is back and forth with the Wolfman .95 in end comfort

timeless 68 straight bar efficiency lacks takes way to much buffing to get the last ones standing on my jaw line !

Timeless scallop in 68 I have is coming back in rotation ?
I found the Wolfman 1.15 a bit much also, but I can toss my 0.95 about as much as I want, thinking of trying a Kai in it.
I've got a Timeless Ti95 in SB and OC with the scalloped cap. I find the Ti95OC equal in efficiency, but my WR2 0.95 is more comfortable.

~doug~

I found the Wolfman 1.15 a bit much also, but I can toss my 0.95 about as much as I want, thinking of trying a Kai in it.
I've got a Timeless Ti95 in SB and OC with the scalloped cap. I find the Ti95OC equal in efficiency, but my WR2 0.95 is more comfortable.

~doug~

I want to use feather but so far they are not the most comfy for me :) hahahaha

Date:05.10.2022
Focused participations:05/31 Days in GRUME (out at 13%, but no subsequent purchases)
278/278 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
05/31 OCtober
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society (on hold)
Tabactober
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Special Edition
Blade:King C Gillette (24)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400
Soap:Tabac (tallow)
Bowl:Kox Enamel
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
KCG Face wash
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) | XTG (Gillette Slide) | ATG (usual)
Efficiency:9/10 (~15 minutes)
Quality:10/10 (Clean as a whistle)
Comfort:10/10 (GlideFest)
Effectiveness:10/10 (BBS+)

Next OC in my rotation is my first OC I bought in the beginning of this year - the Fatip Special Edition. Plating is starting to disappear, but when it comes to shaving this is a remarkable little razor. I am absolutely in love with it. The blade performed as if fresh out of the wrapper on a for me unprecedented 24th run.

Loading my brush took maybe 5 seconds or so to produce a very fine face lather. Thick yet never dry, smooth and the post effect very slicky. And I get what Jack Goossen mentioned this morning about the scent and it triggering something inside my brain. I cannot put my finger on it, but once lathered it is nothing like straight from the puck - at least not for me.

And combining end result was amazing. I was buttery smooth all over with an excellent post shave feel. And so my maiden shave with Tabac is in the books. And I must say that it was everything others raved about and a big thank you therefore to specifically JAHE for his persistence in me wanting to try this soap. Was it worth breaking GRUME for? #onnodig I have been told yesterday. Was it fun to do? Yes, it was and I was surprised by the results. Just as surprised as I was when I first used an open comb.

Ponderings on today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11955270

Have a great day everyone!

Top Bottom