🌕🌗 365 shaves in 2022🌓🌕

Friday 30th September, shave #273

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Lather: Gillette Sensitive Gel with Aloe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Repeated an experiment I haven't tried since getting a synthetic brush, bowl-lathering canned gel.

I find these products too dry, and finger-lathering them as recommended is a very hit-and-miss way of hydrating them.

Used a large gobbet, and lathered it like shaving cream, adding drops of hot water. This attempt came out too wet, making it messy to use, but shave performance and post-shave were both fine.

I think this would be OK to use up, if I can get the amount of water right.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20220930 Shave #2
365 Shaves in 2022: 271 of 273 = 99.3%
Single Edge September (SEptember) 2022
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTS 25G Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (7 and retired)
Brush: @apshaveco Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Shaved early this morning and decided to do a second shave before going to bed. My final Single Edge SEptember 2022 shave! :cool:
20220930_205758~2.jpg

Same kit as this morning with the exception of the new AP Shave Co Lemon Drop brush that arrived this afternoon. :thumbup:
20220930_205835~2.jpg

An effortless and wonderful finish to my day! :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
He is gaining in! Loving it David? And glad to read between the mines that your skin has healed. And that your beard is back to its wirely self!

Guido
Thank you Guido! I appreciate your kindness. :)

Things have pretty much healed on my face. Still a number of spots on my arms, back and legs that are still healing. Good thing I don't shave my arms, back and legs. ;) 🤣

Date:01.10.2022
Focused participations:01/31 Days in GRUME
274/274 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
01/31 OCtober
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society (on hold)
Razor:Mühle R41
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (7)
Brush:Omega Proraso
Soap:Dutchy Bergamot
Bowl:Kox Enamel
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WTG | XTG | ATG
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:8/10 (two minor weepers)
Comfort:9/10 (super smooth)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

Starting OCtober with the staple of open comb razors - the R41. And boy did it deliver. Two passes and I was smooth. Was using the third pass as toch up on the jaw line at first but decided to make it a full pass to get to the marble finish this razor is so renowned for. Not all bits are as marble, so 9/10 for that one. Using the excellent soap the razor was very smooth. I had the sense the blade might be over its top, but not entirely sure - although the two weepers are a giveaway. Brush lost two hairs again today and returned to its previous behaviour of sucking up my lather for the second and third pass. Hmm..

9D60BF08-693E-4775-9E8D-C71BA36555A1.jpeg

Opened October with a Lavazza coffee and a 10km walk
Followed by a morning shave and another black Lavazza coffee.

Shave # 274: I have a bunch of loose blades and will be using each of them twice and once they're done I'll be keeping just a few varieties in my rotation. Feathers will definitely be a mainstay.

Saturday October 1, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: Henson ++
Blade: Feather HI Stainless (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
IMG_1161.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
274 of 274
SV Saturday

IMG_20221001_202017.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Polsilver SS(7)
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze

Tonight for SV Saturday it was the turn of 70th Anniversary and the Purple Haze. The brush is very soft and sometimes can even be on the floppy side, but has been one of my favourites since I bought it. Smaller and not as stiff as my T3, softer than my RR Moka-soft but it doesn't feel quite as good as my STF. I have found myself favouring smaller synthetic brushes and from this year I will only be buying synthetic brushes.
The result was a near BBS, down to the blade which seems to have lost some of its sharpness. I may have to use the R41 for subsequent shaves with this blade if I want a closer shave, but a near BBS without irritation is still a good shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 272 of 274 = 98.9%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTS 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (1)
Brush: @apshaveco Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20221001_210804~2.jpg

Superb top tier shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11951213

SV Saturday 1st October, shave #274

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Back to SV70 again, and got a perfectly slick bowl lather. The rest of the kit did its job, for a comfortable BBS.

Date:02.10.2022
Focused participations:02/31 Days in GRUME
275/275 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
02/31 OCtober
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society (on hold)
Razor:Gillette NEW LC
Blade:Personna Red Israeli (4)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400
Soap:TGS Savage
Bowl:Proraso
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WXTG | ATG
Efficiency:9/10 (15 minutes)
Quality:9/10 (minor weeper)
Comfort:8/10 (tingling post shave)
Effectiveness:7.5/10 (DFS)

The challenge with the R41 is always the shave the day after! I took my NEW LC for a second run and it was smooth sailing. And smoother than the Flat Bottom so far. Liking this razor very much!

Ponderings about today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11951317

AE4A7F77-DE90-4EC0-B6AE-E03A674ED2CB.jpeg

Timeless .68 Ti with the green 7 O’Clock to compare to the Wolfman with this blade and the Wolfman I am going to call winner by a tiny touch !
Its just a touch more comfy and a touch more efficient and with the good shave blades I like the Woflman is kinda winning :)
so need to trade off my .68 timeless SB for a .95 :) and then want to trade off my 1.15 Wolfman for a .85 Woflman just to know for sure while I want to try the OC of Wolfman also ? And the last razor company the Tatara so drawing down slowly to my “One razor to rule them all”

proxy.php

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Timeless .68 Ti with the green 7 O’Clock to compare to the Wolfman with this blade and the Wolfman I am going to call winner by a tiny touch !
Its just a touch more comfy and a touch more efficient and with the good shave blades I like the Woflman is kinda winning :)
so need to trade off my .68 timeless SB for a .95 :) and then want to trade off my 1.15 Wolfman for a .85 Woflman just to know for sure while I want to try the OC of Wolfman also ? And the last razor company the Tatara so drawing down slowly to my “One razor to rule them all”
Have you been following @Chan Eil Whiskers shaves with his Sailor?

~doug~

Top Bottom