What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 327 for 327 = 100%
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95 V4
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
20211123_112248~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Tuesday 23rd November, shave #327

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Synthetic Cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R3, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Used the Rockwell, and got a near-BBS result with no irritation.

With good prep, R3 works on 24 hours of growth, and since I'm used to R4 or R5, there's hardly any blade feel.

There's a lot to be said for de-escalating the settings to the minimum that does the job.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday 25th November, shave #329, 90% complete.

Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #4
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Stayed with the winning formula for an easy near-BBS.

329 / 365 = 0.901, so we've made it past the 90% mark.:thumbup:

Just did a quick look at my logs (I rotate 3 razors and keep track of how many shaves on each razor/blade combo). My last missed day shaving was sometime BEFORE March 2, 2019. I'm not 100% sure where the records are before the then. But I haven't missed many days/shaves over several years.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 329 for 329 = 100%
Razor: Mūhle Rocca R95 V4
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray
20211125_125207.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Nov26th 2021, Happy Thanks giving weekend in the USA, #330 of 330 consecutive daily shaving.

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm, Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, good design, top cap needs manually alignment because of issues from some V1 Excalibur(no problems with my V1). I get great shaves mostly & excellent shave results is the bottom line.
Blade: Schick proline P30 injector (3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Great AC blade compared to the rest IMO.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild lavender scent, excellent lather qualities,(misted)
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great scrubber, excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30 proline.
SOTD, Nov 26, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave # 329

Brush: Morris & Forndran 2XL, 2 Band Silvertip Finest Bulb, this bulb and Simpson’s 2 Band Silvertip are very much alike

Blade: Personna Israeli Red from Germany (4) and going strong, I have found no difference between the Israeli made and the German made, and the German made are a lot less expensive.

Soap: MDC Fougere, I find myself reaching for the MDC more often, it is the known consistancy of great lather.

Razor: Gillette 1956 B2 Redtip it is doing a great job substituting for the Wolfman

Post Shave: 4711, Hyaluronic Acid
F7D9E0D4-CEF7-4792-A1A3-8ED3AFAC790F.jpeg

Doug

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday 27th November, shave #331.

Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #5
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Used the Game Changer, and got a relaxing near-BBS. I'm getting on a lot better with the Yaqi synthetic than I do with boars.

Top Bottom