What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

A daily ritual where we sacrifice our facial hair at the high altar of the shave den, the holiest of holies, to appease the gods and maintain the balance of the universe. If we were to miss even one day the gods would surely wreck havoc on the earth unleashing floods, drought, earthquake and disease.

5 out of 5.
The weird thing is, we make it sound like an achievement. While in reality, for me it's an opportunity to get some me-time, enjoy a ritual, experience temperatures, smells, touch without any excuses.

For me, it is both an achievement (because I started DE shaving recently) and ditto about the ' me time ' and personal well being, that's why I'm here.

I was going to start my Shave journal, but seeing as shaving is already a lonely hobby, I didn't want to post something that I'm already experiencing.

Absent of an illness, injury, or household emergency, I like to shave each day out of personal choice.

Shave five for me.
Resizer_16098608624620.jpg
post daily, weekly or monthly. Doesn't matter how often one checks in. Daily helps me break in boars on the side, like this Semogue.

Can having a barber's shave count as two?

My barber recently put his price up for a shave to USD 1.70. I'd like to miss a shave the day before so that I can get my money's worth.

1.70 $? That is ridiculously inexpensive. Does your barber finish the job within 5 min? Else it would be a terrible wage...

Shave five for me. View attachment 1204488post daily, weekly or monthly. Doesn't matter how often one checks in. Daily helps me break in boars on the side, like this Semogue.
I'm also breaking in the boars, 10005 and 10098. The handle on 10098 is uninspiring for me, I'm looking for some favor to re knot it.

I cannot spend a cent on shaving products, but I can let go of some of my soaps for a handle reknot.

I never knew such things were possible before I joined wet shaving.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The razor handle? It's real birch bark. Nicest handle I've ever used. Also, we're Scandinavian and have a lot of items made from birch bark, so it fits in well here.

Highly recommend ...

This soap does have the specific birch note.

AA

I'm also breaking in the boars, 10005 and 10098. The handle on 10098 is uninspiring for me, I'm looking for some favor to re knot it.

I cannot spend a cent on shaving products, but I can let go of some of my soaps for a handle reknot.

I never knew such things were possible before I joined wet shaving.
I'm in the same predicament with the 10098 - thought I would love that handle but alas not...

I'm in the same predicament with the 10098 - thought I would love that handle but alas not...
The handle re knot idea is in a very nascent stage, I have to still get confirmation from the artist.
Then someone to mediate the soap exchange 😂, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle, but I'll give it a try.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
1.70 $? That is ridiculously inexpensive. Does your barber finish the job within 5 min? Else it would be a terrible wage...
My barber takes about 30 minutes to perform the shave - with all the trimmings, including a cute female assistant. USD 1.20 per hour is considered an acceptable salary where I live. Of course, with his exorbitant fee, I no longer tip him.

My barber takes about 30 minutes to perform the shave - with all the trimmings, including a cute female assistant. USD 1.20 per hour is considered an acceptable salary where I live. Of course, with his exorbitant fee, I no longer tip him.

Please except my apology , I was assuming you were located in the US. Of cause cost of living differs from place to place.

I am desperately looking for a barber giving a real wet shave with a SR. But it seems I am 30 years too late.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I am in. :)

It would be nice to see everyone's daily shaves in one place, so my vote goes to posting our shaves either on this thread or, if we end up starting a group in the Clubs and Brotherhoods Room, on that thread. :)

For the last 8 years there has been a "Club" in the Clubs & Brotherhood Forum that has had a "365 Shaves" club. This past year it was "365 Shaves Eight is (not) Enough." It hasn't been started for this year, which is odd.

Maybe you could contact a moderator and see about having this post moved to that forum and those of us that shave every day can continue with the tradition?

Thanks for posting.
The moderator of the Clubs forum is Jim. The member that started last year's post is Rockviper. Here is the link to the OP.

The handle re knot idea is in a very nascent stage, I have to still get confirmation from the artist.
Then someone to mediate the soap exchange 😂, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle, but I'll give it a try.
Do you know that the knot on the omega 10049 is very easy to remove? It's not glued in, only a pressure fit. I re-knotted mine myself very easily.

Do you know that the knot on the omega 10049 is very easy to remove? It's not glued in, only a pressure fit. I re-knotted mine myself very easily.
I have 10098, but yes getting the knot out safely is relatively easy, but finding a suitable handle, exchange of shave products as currency and re fit of knot is the main concern here.

I live in India, here wet shaving is not as wide spread as I would have hoped, most of the people are cartridge monsters, there are rarely any good soap artisan and brush handle makers/ fitting is unheard of here.
Even if it goes smoothly, it'll take atleast more than one month to get the job done, so, no hurries here.

Had a shave this morning, too close for comfort but still left some behind. I'll try again tonight.
Bad shave streak is broken.

Parker Variant Adjustable and Pereira shaving bowl were today's star. My shaving brush almost broke the bathroom tile (twice today).
I'm glad no blood was shed and no irritation as well.

Top Bottom