What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Nov 20th 2021, #324 of 324 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4- Mfg 1959, 4th qtr, well built razor, I find the Fatboy a good adjustable and like to shave #7 pickups #8.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP(black)(5) sharp & smoooth and usually get 5 great shaves and then toss with this blade.
Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice mild citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub, great lather painter, how they got all that stuff in the handle?
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici :001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm)+ scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a 7 oClock SP blade.
SOTD, Nov 20, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
11/21/2021 325 out of 325
  • ATT Atlas M1
  • Nacet
  • Rudy Vey Rubberset type Manchurian
  • MWF
  • Dickenson’s WH
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
I have switched things up a little using a forgotten but good razor and using different soaps recently. An excellent shave today. I’ll be returning to my Blackland Tradere on Tuesday and will start my MdC Original Brain Bowl a week from tomorrow.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 325 for 325 = 100%
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95 V4
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray
20211121_115546~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20211122
365 Shaves in 2021: 326 for 326 = 100%
Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
View attachment 1367142
Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/
You're on a synthetic run! I used a badger this morning. I'm getting tired of trying to coax lather out of the depths of the brush in comparison to synthetics and boars. Looking forward to decemboar.
I used the OC side only of this .86 WR1 with a Kai blade on second use. Amazingly close shave with no issues. My WR2 1.65 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to trying.
Imagepipe_41.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
You're on a synthetic run! I used a badger this morning. I'm getting tired of trying to coax lather out of the depths of the brush in comparison to synthetics and boars. Looking forward to decemboar.
I used the OC side only of this .86 WR1 with a Kai blade on second use. Amazingly close shave with no issues. My WR2 1.65 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to trying. View attachment 1367145
Trying to keep the variables to a minimum for the Rex Envoy vs Mühle Rocca R95 V4 comparison.

After today's shave, I plan to use a Rudy Vey brush with Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger for the final shave with each razor. :)

Top Bottom