What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 257 for 257 = 100%
shave 20210914_135801_2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Mixed Metal Blackbird OC (Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird Handle & Cap + Stainless OC Plate)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Turn-N-Shave 25mm Quartermoon Fan
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Vito's Extra Super Coco
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, September 15th 2021, #258 of 258 consecutive shaves. Won this razor on a fund raising raffle and it arrived yesterday. It is called a TARMAX adjustable DE and it fair to say American Ingenuity is alive and well in our shaving world.
Tom White invents & designs products and is a seasoned machinist and likes designing razors in different concepts as a Hobby. This adjustable razor was used for my first shave and really did not expect a lot of difference to my other adjustable razors but I was wrong. The TARMAX first pass was smooth and quieter than other adjustables, had to inspect thinking it was not cutting whiskers, but was like shaving on a setting 3-4 on a Fatboy for shaving comparison. It was set on 5 of 8 different settings references on 1st pass so I cranked it to 8 of 8 and on 2nd pass & pickups(you can go pass 8 setting because of design). The results were very good for first time out and received a DFS,BBS. Sweet spot angle seems around 45 degrees. Because of the blade sits flat basically it gives a very different smooth shave. I enjoyed the shave and like variety so it is scores a high score IMO.
TARMAX adjustable DE Tom White TARMAX creation 4.jpg

Razor: TARMAX adjustable DE by @twhite (only 4 made)-Mfg 2021, the razor is made of Aluminum and holds a blade excellent, heats up quickly with hot water so no cold steel to face, interesting concept. Gives a smooth shave and is a keeper.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (testing standard)- Sharp & smooth, great longevity.
Soap: Speick stick, nice spicy scent, excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled soap and well made.
Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar (new), Excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter, joy to use a nice boar brush IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel to clean skin, Lavanda aftershave +a dollop of CeraVe balm (scentless).
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my TARMAX adjustable DE with a Astra SP blade.

SOTD,  Sep 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, September 15th 2021, #258 of 258 consecutive shaves. Won this razor on a fund raising raffle and it arrived yesterday. It is called a TARMAX adjustable DE and it fair to say American Ingenuity is alive and well in our shaving world.
Tom White invents & designs products and is a seasoned machinist and likes designing razors in different concepts as a Hobby. This adjustable razor was used for my first shave and really did not expect a lot of difference to my other adjustable razors but I was wrong. The TARMAX first pass was smooth and quieter than other adjustables, had to inspect thinking it was not cutting whiskers, but was like shaving on a setting 3-4 on a Fatboy for shaving comparison. It was set on 5 of 8 different settings references on 1st pass so I cranked it to 8 of 8 and on 2nd pass & pickups(you can go pass 8 setting because of design). The results were very good for first time out and received a DFS,BBS. Sweet spot angle seems around 45 degrees. Because of the blade sits flat basically it gives a very different smooth shave. I enjoyed the shave and like variety so it is scores a high score IMO.

Razor: TARMAX adjustable DE by @twhite (only 4 made)-Mfg 2021, the razor is made of Aluminum and holds a blade excellent, heats up quickly with hot water so no cold steel to face, interesting concept. Gives a smooth shave and is a keeper.
Soap: Speick stick, nice spicy scent, excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled soap and well made.
Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar (new), Excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter, joy to use a nice boar brush IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Witch hazel to clean skin, Lavanda aftershave +a dollop of CeraVe balm (scentless).
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my TARMAX adjustable DE with a Astra SP blade.

SOTD,  Sep 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Wow, interesting razor!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

SOTD,  Sep 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

fascinating.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 258 for 258 = 100%
Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird SB
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Fragrance: Belcam Blue Depths EdT Spray
shave 20210915_114120.jpg

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Wednesday 15th September, shave #258.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: Rockwell 6C R4, Astra SP #3
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut AS.

Tried the chrome Rockwell for a change, and it did a predictably fine job. I only bought the steel one because I "needed" to own the less fragile version of the razor.

Won this razor on a fund raising raffle and it arrived yesterday. It is called a TARMAX adjustable DE and it fair to say American Ingenuity is alive and well in our shaving world.
I like it!

Is the adjustability in the head, so that you have a choice of handle? It looks that way in the pictures.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Wednesday 15th September, shave #258.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: Rockwell 6C R4, Astra SP #3
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Brut AS.

Tried the chrome Rockwell for a change, and it did a predictably fine job. I only bought the steel one because I "needed" to own the less fragile version of the razor.

I like it!

Is the adjustability in the head, so that you have a choice of handle? It looks that way in the pictures.
The way it works is fairly simple, it is spring loaded head and if you want more gap you just twist CW to loosen tension CCW to reduce gap with handle pointing down as a reference. It is interesting concept and he also has a SE that holds a Gem blade and it is in a pass around on another forum and looks very similar but a little more robust on the top cap.
Tom White also designed this TNNSER 3D printed razor and this one gives a excellent shave that he also made and he MFG the proto type out of Aluminum.
Tom White 3D Printed razor TNNSER.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The way it works is fairly simple, it is spring loaded head and if you want more gap you just twist CW to loosen tension CCW to reduce gap with handle pointing down as a reference. It is interesting concept and he also has a SE that holds a Gem blade and it is in a pass around on another forum and looks very similar but a little more robust on the top cap.
Tom White also designed this TNNSER 3D printed razor and this one gives a excellent shave that he also made and he MFG the proto type out of Aluminum.
View attachment 1328967
Have some great shaves!
I picked one of these up a while back. Nice mild shaves. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 259 for 259 = 100%
Razor: Blackland Razors Brass Blackbird SB
Blade: Perma-Sharp (6 and retired)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Fragrance: Classic Match EdT Spray (Belcam version of Jimmy Choo Man)
20210916_155001~2.jpg

Top Bottom